Continuing its trend onto the Nintendo Switch, the publisher has just announced it has a new RPG in the works called Town. In Town, players need to strategize the best ways to fend off large, attacking monsters. Town is a chance for Game Freak to show they can do something really different, and I hope it succeeds.More news: 2 cases of African swine fever detected in Belgium
You as a player would be required to defend the villagers from such horrendous monsters in a turn-based role-playing game format.
Town is set in a small village.More news: Ibrahimovic scores 500th career goal
That's a working title, and the game is due in 2019. Players will take up arms against invading monsters and strategically select from a variety of battle commands.
Game Freak already has a handful of titles away from Nintendo, continuing a relationship with Sega that began in 1992 with Magical Tarurūto-kun and more recently saw the developer create a 2015 side-scroller starring mascot Tembo the Badass Elephant.More news: Final Delta 2 launches ICESat-2
We're hoping Town lives up to Game Freak's pedigree, and are looking forward to learning more about the game in the future. We'll find out when it releases on the Nintendo Switch sometime next year.
- Arsenal Superstar Responds to Rift With Coach Unai Emery
- Cold boot attack leaves Apple and Microsoft systems vulnerable to data theft
- Jamie Murray: Serena Williams' sexism claims are 'a bit far-fetched'
- Google defends Trump election reaction
- Needles found in Gladstone family's strawberries
- Threat becomes reality: Florence begins days of rain, wind
- Kavanaugh denies high school assault allegation
- Formula 1 Ferrari Concept Car Shown by Ross Brawn in Singapore
- Experts disagree on whether Dallas officer could be credible
- Hurricane Florence Dumps 'Epic Amounts of Rainfall' On US States