The Browns announced Saturday that they are set to part ways with the talented but troubled receiver after six-plus seasons and will release him Monday. Even though Gordon had a hamstring injury in the preseason, the injury news seemed odd because the receiver had practiced all week and was not listed on the injury report.
If the Browns release Gordon on Monday as stated, he'd become a free agent and wouldn't require to clear waivers.
On Saturday, Gordon was ruled OUT for this weekend's game due to a hamstring injury, but clearly that wasn't the only concern for members of the front office.More news: A few former Dolphins nominated for 2019 Hall of Fame class
We don't know the official word yet, but the Browns clearly reached the end of their rope with Gordon, who is one of the most talented receivers in the National Football League but has struggled with his sobriety and been a thorn in the Browns' side after the team went above and beyond to help him recover.
In July, Dorsey said the Browns remained "100 percent committed" to Gordon if he remained committed to the organization after announcing he would not be present in Berea for the start of training camp because of off-the-field issues.
Gordon, who has played in just 11 games since 2013 due to substance abuse issues, caught one pass for 17 yards in Cleveland's 21-21 tie with the Pittsburgh Steelers last week, but it was a big one.More news: Rockfall in Greece Leaves Seven People Injured
The Browns selected Gordon in the second round of the 2012 Supplemental Draft.
If Gordon's issues don't stem from substance abuse then there undoubtedly will be a number of teams looking to acquire a wideout with his enormous talent.More news: Here's your sign: Waffle House closed until after Florence
Many are wondering where Gordon will end up.
- Storm Moving Closer to US
- SC prisoners evacuated due to Hurricane Florence, SCDC says
- Trump Wants to Change NAFTA to USMC Pact
- European Union lawmakers vote to take measures against Hungary
- Trump expected to visit areas hit by Hurricane Florence
- GM recalls one million pickup trucks, SUVs
- Regional Pot Workers Could Face Lifetime Ban From US News Centre News
- Israel dismantles protest shacks near West Bank village marked for demolition
- José Mourinho: Mino Raiola should say if Paul Pogba wants to leave
- Hurricane Florence weakens to Category 1 storm