The two phones are nearly identical in design and features, with the XS being a refinement of last year's phone. The story that got us to this point is actually rather long, and it involves Apple slowing down phones with old, worn out batteries to prevent random crashing. iPhone users naturally didn't take kindly to that remote throttling, so Apple made a decision to extend an olive branch to them and cut the price of battery replacement for the entirety of 2018.
Battery replacement for an out-of-warranty iPhone in the X line - which includes the original 2017 iPhone X - will cost $69 next year, the site noted after Wednesday's unveiling of the newest iPhones.More news: Ray Allen pays tribute to Reggie Miller in Hall of Fame speech
"The Apple Watch continues to improve and provide additional relevant functions". The iPhone 7 now starts at £449/$449, and the 7 Plus at £569/$569.
With these changes astir, now might be the ideal time to pick up a discontinued iPhone before it falls out of circulation, especially if you're after a model with a headphone jack.
The starting price of the new iPhone XS, the successor to the iPhone X, is the same as the iPhone X's: $US999.More news: Cristiano Ronaldo was an obsessive at Manchester United, reveals Carlos Tevez
The phone has a single 12MP rear sensor, rather than the two on the XS and XS Max, while the front comes installed with a TrueDepth camera for facial unlocking and selfies.
Lost in the fray of Apple's big hardware event was the announcement that it would no longer include a dongle, free of charge, with the purchase of a new iPhone. It has most of the features - all-screen display, Face ID - that made the iPhone X popular, but it comes in at $749, $250 cheaper than what the iPhone X launched at a year ago.
In terms of price, the iPhone XR retails for less than the iPhone XS, costing $749 to pick up at launch. Case in point, US Mobile's sweet introductory iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR discount. Both factors that should conserve energy in comparison. If anything, analysts have been disappointed that the iPhone XR is so "cheap" because they're anxious it might cannibalize iPhone XS sales.More news: Governor Deal issues State of Emergency across Georgia
- Flu vaccine clinics in South Lake Tahoe and West Slope
- Don't Be Fooled by Hurricane Florence Being 'Downgraded.' It's Still Very Dangerous
- Stewart, Storm sweep Mystics for WNBA title
- The Last Remnant Remastered announced for PS4
- DisRespect' Reacts to Shots Fired at His House During Live Broadcast
- Russian bombers intercepted by USA fighter jets west of Alaska
- NASA Releases Footage Of Hurricane Florence And Her 'Mike Tyson Punch'
- Google Made Another Headphone Dongle for the Pixel 2 for $12
- Pound rises on Barnier’s Brexit comments ZlotoNews
- The biggest announcements from Apple's iPhone Xs event