The two phones are nearly identical in design and features, with the XS being a refinement of last year's phone. The story that got us to this point is actually rather long, and it involves Apple slowing down phones with old, worn out batteries to prevent random crashing. iPhone users naturally didn't take kindly to that remote throttling, so Apple made a decision to extend an olive branch to them and cut the price of battery replacement for the entirety of 2018.
Battery replacement for an out-of-warranty iPhone in the X line - which includes the original 2017 iPhone X - will cost $69 next year, the site noted after Wednesday's unveiling of the newest iPhones.More news: Jeff Bezos launches $2-billion fund to help homeless families, build preschools
"The Apple Watch continues to improve and provide additional relevant functions". The iPhone 7 now starts at £449/$449, and the 7 Plus at £569/$569.
With these changes astir, now might be the ideal time to pick up a discontinued iPhone before it falls out of circulation, especially if you're after a model with a headphone jack.
The starting price of the new iPhone XS, the successor to the iPhone X, is the same as the iPhone X's: $US999.More news: Canada PM safe for now as Trump attacks, but angry farmers loom
The phone has a single 12MP rear sensor, rather than the two on the XS and XS Max, while the front comes installed with a TrueDepth camera for facial unlocking and selfies.
Lost in the fray of Apple's big hardware event was the announcement that it would no longer include a dongle, free of charge, with the purchase of a new iPhone. It has most of the features - all-screen display, Face ID - that made the iPhone X popular, but it comes in at $749, $250 cheaper than what the iPhone X launched at a year ago.
In terms of price, the iPhone XR retails for less than the iPhone XS, costing $749 to pick up at launch. Case in point, US Mobile's sweet introductory iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR discount. Both factors that should conserve energy in comparison. If anything, analysts have been disappointed that the iPhone XR is so "cheap" because they're anxious it might cannibalize iPhone XS sales.More news: Russian bombers intercepted by USA fighter jets west of Alaska
- Ray Allen pays tribute to Reggie Miller in Hall of Fame speech
- Blizzard whipped up a Demon Hunter Sombra skin for BlizzCon
- Turkey's central bank raises interest rate to 24%
- Hurricane Florence Zeroes In On Carolinas, Bringing 130 MPH Winds
- Stewart, Storm sweep Mystics for WNBA title
- The Last Remnant Remastered announced for PS4
- DisRespect' Reacts to Shots Fired at His House During Live Broadcast
- Don't Be Fooled by Hurricane Florence Being 'Downgraded.' It's Still Very Dangerous
- Rain-hit BMW Championship eyes Tuesday finish if needed
- Barrow sends special delegation to Kofi Annan's funeral