A rat was discovered in a hotpot restaurant in eastern China.
The Market Supervision Bureau of Kuiwen district in Weifang confirmed that it had received a complaint about a rat in a meal through WeChat on Friday, the South China Morning Post reported.
A hotpot chain restaurant in China has been shut down after a dead rat was found floating in a boiling broth of soup.
Rat Wipes $190M Off Restaurant Chain's Value
The incident was reported by a local newspaper on Friday, as social media users shared the footage over the weekend according to the New York Times. An investigation has been launched.
They put out a statement Saturday saying they'd "ruled out" that lack of hygiene caused the rat to end up in the soup - but then deleted it.
Mr Ma said he and his wife went to the hospital where she had a checkup to ensure the baby was healthy. The staff at the restaurant allegedly offered the couple 20,000 yuan, which is $3,000 U.S. dollars, for them to have an abortion if they were concerned for the child's health.More news: Arsenal manager Unai Emery preparing for 'difficult' Newcastle United test
The woman's husband, named as Mr Ma, said restaurant staff had told him: "If you are anxious about the baby, then we'll give you 20,000 yuan to abort it", according to Shanghai-based Kankan News.
The outlet reportedly offered her 5,000 yuan (£559, $729) as compensation. However, Mr. Ma made a decision to hold off until his wife and baby were checked out at a medical facility first.
Many were shocked and disgusted by this story - grossed out by the photos that circulated on Weibo. Others were upset about the staff offering money for an abortion.More news: Nintendo Entertainment System Controllers Announced for Switch’s Online Members
Another user asked: "If something happens to her baby, how are they going to compensate her?"
"I feel like vomiting", wrote one person.
Xiabu Xiabu Catering Management, the chain's parent company plummeted in value after the incident. Ms Gao said the chain had always taken great care over the quality and safety of its food.More news: Meghan Markle labelled 'duchASS' by angry sister Samantha
- "Once In A Lifetime" Hurricane Florence Weakens, Begins Lashing Eastern US
- Hurricane Florence starts its prolonged assault on the Carolinas
- The FDA Blames This Popular Trend For Current Health 'Epidemic'
- David Wright Will Return to Mets for One Final Time and Retire
- 32 killed, 128 injured in attack on protesters
- Landslide on Greek island beach injures three
- EC chief Juncker: 10,000 more border guards for European Union
- Hurricane Florence DOWNGRADED to Category 1 as it continues path of DESTRUCTION
- Pauline Hanson calls girl 'brat' who doesn't stand for national anthem
- Stunning space photos show 'nightmare' Hurricane Florence swirling over the Atlantic ZlotoNews