As Alexander Lukin, director of the East Asian and the SCO Studies Center of the Moscow State Institute of International Relations, said in an interview with Vestnik Kavkaza, the USA doesn't care about minorities - they use Muslim theme as an excuse to put more pressure on China.
"China consistently resolutely opposes the United States using Xinjiang-related issues to interfere in China's internal affairs", Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang said at a daily news briefing.
But he said that various ethnic groups in the region have a common desire for social stability, and that the Chinese government guarantees freedom of faith based on law.More news: USA reached out to China for new trade talks, sources say
They are also forced to learn Mandarin and sing praises of the Chinese Communist Party, according to the report.
A police patrol walk in front of the Id Kah Mosque in the old city of Kashgar, Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region, China, March 22, 2017. Although Beijing has denied the allegations, Xinjiang authorities have acknowledged the existence of "political education camps" and "characterize them as correctional or rehabilitation facilities for "incorrect" or "sick" thoughts", HRW writes.More news: PIX: Hurricane Florence From Space
Bachelet called for a thorough investigation of the deaths of Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar and said that a pattern of abuses continues in the border region of Myanmar to this day.
For decades, the Uighur Muslims in Xinjiang were the target of the Chinese government's surveillance and suppression.
Last month, a United Nations human rights panel held a two-day session on China's policies in Xinjiang, and raised alarm over "credible reports" of that China had turned Xinjiang into "something resembling a massive internment camp, shrouded in secrecy, a sort of no-rights zone".
The region has become one of themost intrusive police states in the world, and government surveillance of Muslim Uighurs permeates nearly every aspect of their lives, from an expansive network of facial-recognition cameras which monitor their daily activity, to policecollecting DNA samples, fingerprints, iris scans, and blood types to keep a database of all its residents.More news: The New $1,449 iPhone Won't Include A Free Headphone Dongle
As many as 13 million Muslims living in the region are increasingly subjected to mass arbitrary detention, torture and mistreatment by the Chinese government, the report noted.
- Trump's Supreme Court nominee on track as Senate hearing ends
- Spurs coach Pochettino ruled out 4 stars from Liverpool tie
- Apple debuts 6.1-inch LCD iPhone XR, coming in October
- Erdogan warns any Idlib attack will affect Europe
- Australian newspaper somehow doubles down on controversial Serena Williams cartoon
- Nintendo Entertainment System Controllers Announced for Switch’s Online Members
- Scientists discover ghostly new fish in the depths of the Pacific
- Hurricane Florence Rocks Wooden Pier in Nags Head
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age Heads to Nintendo Switch in 2019
- Storm complete sweep of Mystics to win 3rd WNBA title