Ryan Thomas fought back tears as he was crowned victor of Celebrity Big Brother and was told how the public supported him through the Roxanne Pallett punch scandal.
She claimed at the time that he deliberately hurt her, but later admitted she actually got it wrong.
She said: 'The thing with Roxanne was, it was 48 hours before anyone knew.
The DJ added: "I hope there's not too much of a witch hunt because her career is already over now".More news: The FDA Blames This Popular Trend For Current Health 'Epidemic'
He explained: "As it unravelled, as it became bigger and bigger, the thing that scared me the most was when Ben (Jardine) told me she couldn't stay in the room with me because she was scared".
This morning, he sat down with Jeremy Vine to have a lengthy chat about his time on the show and watched back some of the footage for the first time.
The interview comes as CBB victor Ryan fought back tears as he watched back his emotional breakdown on the show in the midst of "Punchgate".
Becoming visibly emotional, Thomas said: "I've not seen any of that back". [Punchgate] is just a tiny bit of my journey.
"The whole process, it's tedious". Nominations become a awful thing because you end up having to b***h and I know it has to happen and everyone knows what they're doing in there'.More news: Catholic sex abuse scandal widens after U.S. bishop quits
"I think she's been punished enough by the public and people around her".
She declared herself "the most hated girl in Britain" in her exit interview with Emma Willis.
On the subject of meeting up with Roxanne to hash out their issues, Ryan stated: 'It's something looking forward that I don't want to dwell on.
But Thomas said he's not holding a grudge over the incident and believes that Pallett has suffered enough from the fall-out which has followed her allegations.
Heartbroken: When asked if he is prepared to forgive her, he said: "I think Roxanne has been through a lot".More news: EC chief Juncker: 10,000 more border guards for European Union
- Apple debuts 6.1-inch LCD iPhone XR, coming in October
- Hurricane Florence starts its prolonged assault on the Carolinas
- Alan Wake is Being Adapted into a TV Series
- ‘Threat becomes reality’: Florence begins days of rain, wind
- ‘Muslim minority in China face political indoctrination’
- Nintendo Entertainment System Controllers Announced for Switch’s Online Members
- David Wright Will Return to Mets for One Final Time and Retire
- Storm complete sweep of Mystics to win 3rd WNBA title
- 32 killed, 128 injured in attack on protesters
- Dairy consumption linked to lower rates of cardiovascular disease