In what sure seems like a blatant bit of nickel-and-diming, Apple will no longer include a free 3.5-mm headphone jack conversion dongle with the new iPhones it announced on Wednesday. But if you happen to be one of those people who missed it, the official videos on Apple's YouTube channel can help you catch up quickly.
Zino said that he forecasts that the XR will make up more than 50 percent of sales of Apple's new handsets.
One more thing. Although largely unrelated, the keynote opening clio was pretty darn good so it deserves an honorable mention as well.More news: Blizzard whipped up a Demon Hunter Sombra skin for BlizzCon
The iPhone XR starts at $749, £749 and AU$1,229 for the 64GB version.
Apple also announced the iPhone XR during the presentation. Our colleague Gareth Beavis over at T3's sister site TechRadar has had some serious hands-on time with the iPhone XR and these are his thoughts.More news: 1.5m Evacuated As Hurricane Florence Threatens Carolinas
It's surprising that Apple discontinued the iPhone SE, since it's only a 2-year-old phone, and Apple just gave it an upgrade last year.
When Apple released the iPhone X a year ago, it was widely considered the best smartphone the company had ever made, marking a major step forward with features like Face ID and a high-end camera to rival the Huawei P20 Pro and the Google Pixel 2.
Compared with the new iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max - which start at $999 and $1,099, respectively, with the Max topping out at an eye-watering $1,449 - the XR is poised as a reasonably priced alternative. It has a lower-resolution 6.1-inch LCD screen and a single rear-facing camera, but otherwise delivers on the specifications of the Xs series.More news: Pound rises on Barnier’s Brexit comments ZlotoNews
Throughout 2018, the company is running a $29 battery replacement program, but this ends December 31. iPhone X users stand to save the most, since their replacement cost will jump from $29 to $69 next year. If you want a 2018 iPhone (and not the iPhone 8, 8 Plus or iPhone 7), you can keep a little more money in the bank.
- Flu vaccine clinics in South Lake Tahoe and West Slope
- Nintendo Direct Confirmed Announced For Sept. 6th, Delayed
- DisRespect' Reacts to Shots Fired at His House During Live Broadcast
- Hurricane Florence Zeroes In On Carolinas, Bringing 130 MPH Winds
- Carney to remain at Bank of England until 2020
- Tottenham Hotspur without Dele Alli and Hugo Lloris against Liverpool
- Trump's Supreme Court nominee on track as Senate hearing ends
- Apple iPhone XR - Hands On
- Don't Be Fooled by Hurricane Florence Being 'Downgraded.' It's Still Very Dangerous
- Jeff Bezos launches $2-billion fund to help homeless families, build preschools