In what sure seems like a blatant bit of nickel-and-diming, Apple will no longer include a free 3.5-mm headphone jack conversion dongle with the new iPhones it announced on Wednesday. But if you happen to be one of those people who missed it, the official videos on Apple's YouTube channel can help you catch up quickly.
Zino said that he forecasts that the XR will make up more than 50 percent of sales of Apple's new handsets.
One more thing. Although largely unrelated, the keynote opening clio was pretty darn good so it deserves an honorable mention as well.More news: Turkey's central bank raises interest rate to 24%
The iPhone XR starts at $749, £749 and AU$1,229 for the 64GB version.
Apple also announced the iPhone XR during the presentation. Our colleague Gareth Beavis over at T3's sister site TechRadar has had some serious hands-on time with the iPhone XR and these are his thoughts.More news: Barrow sends special delegation to Kofi Annan's funeral
It's surprising that Apple discontinued the iPhone SE, since it's only a 2-year-old phone, and Apple just gave it an upgrade last year.
When Apple released the iPhone X a year ago, it was widely considered the best smartphone the company had ever made, marking a major step forward with features like Face ID and a high-end camera to rival the Huawei P20 Pro and the Google Pixel 2.
Compared with the new iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max - which start at $999 and $1,099, respectively, with the Max topping out at an eye-watering $1,449 - the XR is poised as a reasonably priced alternative. It has a lower-resolution 6.1-inch LCD screen and a single rear-facing camera, but otherwise delivers on the specifications of the Xs series.More news: Digger: Klopp doesn't need silverware this season
Throughout 2018, the company is running a $29 battery replacement program, but this ends December 31. iPhone X users stand to save the most, since their replacement cost will jump from $29 to $69 next year. If you want a 2018 iPhone (and not the iPhone 8, 8 Plus or iPhone 7), you can keep a little more money in the bank.
- Google Made Another Headphone Dongle for the Pixel 2 for $12
- Tottenham Hotspur without Dele Alli and Hugo Lloris against Liverpool
- Nintendo Direct Confirmed Announced For Sept. 6th, Delayed
- Don't Be Fooled by Hurricane Florence Being 'Downgraded.' It's Still Very Dangerous
- EPL: Arsenal provides latest injury updates ahead of Newcastle clash
- Russian bombers intercepted by USA fighter jets west of Alaska
- Canada PM safe for now as Trump attacks, but angry farmers loom
- Cristiano Ronaldo was an obsessive at Manchester United, reveals Carlos Tevez
- 1.5m Evacuated As Hurricane Florence Threatens Carolinas
- The New $1,449 iPhone Won't Include A Free Headphone Dongle