Speculation about Paul Pogba's future at Manchester United continues to mount amid reports in the British media that the midfielder is afraid he will be punished if he says the wrong thing.
After he posted a cryptic Instagram message on Friday night thanking United fans and his team-mates without any reference to Mourinho, he has now given these comments when asked whether he was happy at United.
It was an impressive display that led to a standing ovation at Old Trafford and one that had Mourinho describing the Frenchman as a "monster".
"What do you mean being the real Pogba?".
Pogba replied: "There are things. and then there are things that I can not say otherwise I will get fined".More news: Arsenal vs Manchester City: 3 key battles in Emery’s league debut
Pereira linked up well with Pogba and compatriot Fred in United's midfield trident against Leicester City, and the Brazilian performed well defensively with three interceptions as well as winning five out of 11 duels.
"He got the captaincy and played very well, but Mourinho will have noticed the line and there will always be a response, because there always is".
"I don't think there's any question that a player would say that under Fergie because you'd have been finished".
Paul Pogba appears uneasy at Manchester United.
Pogba said "everybody was on the same page" in the France dressing room, from manager Didier Deschamps to the staff and players.More news: Palm-branded 3.3-inch smartphone in the works
United have never had a director of football before but it's a role that has worked quite well for arch-rivals Manchester City, who appointed Txiki Begiristain in 2012 to much acclaim.
The opening day of a new Premier League season is always bound to produce nerves.
He adds: "When people trust you, then you're good in your own head, and it's going to be easier". I came from the academy, I played for the first team.
"I am surprised by what Pogba has said, because it's pretty bold, I think it shows his confidence".More news: Grassley: Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings Scheduled to Start Sept. 4
- Bairstow and Woakes put England on top against India in second Test
- Tiger Woods Just Hit An Insane Shot At The PGA Championship
- Hope for clear skies in Cumbria for glimpse of meteor shower
- Unemployment rate drops to four-decade low in July
- President accuses USA of waging 'economic war' against his country
- Erdogan slams United States for preferring terrorists as partner
- Stormy Daniels' lawyer considering U.S. presidential run
- Oscars to add 'best popular film' award, shorten gala
- Koepka takes two-shot lead heading into PGA Championship final round
- Trade Desk shares rally on earnings beat