He's the first player in the Major League Baseball to do it this season and the 21st Red Sox player to do it in franchise history.
Aug 9, 2018; Toronto, Ontario, CAN; Toronto Blue Jays right fielder Teoscar Hernandez (37) hits a home run during the third inning against the Boston Red Sox at Rogers Centre. "They've been doing an outstanding job throughout the season driving in runs and putting together good at-bats". Boston had won six straight. "I definitely feel good about this one because I helped keep us in the game and helped us get a victory". Hernandez's home run in the third tied him with Smoak for a team-leading 18 homers.
Betts made the score 8-5 with his ninth inning home run. "He'll take is walks, too".
He became the 21 player in Red Sox history to hit for the cycle, and just the third to accomplish the feat as a leadoff hitter. J.D. Martinez hit a solo home run, his 35 of the season. He allowed three runs, four hits, a walk and struck out nine. One batter later, Grichuk cashed in the first baseman with a two-run homer that ended Porcello's night, the Red Sox right-hander charged with seven runs in four innings of work.More news: England vs India, second Test, day four
Before Thursday's game, the Blue Jays welcomed 24-year-old pitching prospect Thomas Pannone to the 25-man roster, up from Triple-A Buffalo.
Grichuk followed with an RBI fielder's choice to tie it 2-2.
Boston's Brock Holt is caught stealing second as Toronto's Aledmys Diaz stretches to make the tag in the fifth inning.More news: Liverpool confirm squad numbers for new arrivals
In a season where the Blue Jays starting pitching plans were mostly torn to shreds, Borucki has come on to be a bit of a revelation. Nunez singled and stole second, getting into scoring position and setting up a RBI single by Holt.
The Blue Jays added a run in the bottom of the sixth against Hector Velazquez when Granderson doubled and Travis singled.
Boston starter Rick Porcello (14-5) allowed seven runs and six hits in four innings.
He was summoned to the big-league club in late June with the Blue Jays in need of a starter what with Jaime Garcia and Aaron Sanchez both on the disabled list.More news: Why Malcom is out of Barcelona's Spanish Super Cup vs Sevilla
- Unai Emery hints Danny Welbeck could solve Arsenal’s left-back crisis
- Roger Stone associate held in contempt in Russia probe
- Algeria supports Saudi Arabia in its diplomatic row with Canada
- Harry Kane's Premier League Record In The Month Of August Is Shocking
- Bairstow and Woakes put England on top against India in second Test
- Erdogan slams United States for preferring terrorists as partner
- Petr Cech Articulates Unai Emery, Arsene Wenger Differences in Leadership Style
- Palm-branded 3.3-inch smartphone in the works
- Erdogan says US set deadline for pastor's release
- Nadal Dispatches Paire To Advance In Toronto