Spurs are the only top tier team not to have made a signing since the end of last season and manager Mauricio Pochettino will need a tougher test than this to assess whether fatigue will be a telling factor for his squad this term.
"I have a lot of respect for his career, starting from the bottom and making an excellent career, winning titles and making his teams hard". No way. I don't want to forget what we have done last season. With Arsenal keen to play out from the back, City exerted pressure high up the pitch. "If we don't we are not going to win".
He said the players are looking forward to the new season with a sense of optimism and hopes to see that translated into a positive performance against the defending champions this weekend.More news: Why Malcom is out of Barcelona's Spanish Super Cup vs Sevilla
Soon afterwards Sergio Aguero was guilty of shooting instead of playing in De Bruyne but in the next attack Benjamin Mendy, making his first league start since last September, set up Bernardo Silva to score. The position is demanding our best moments tactically and also individually. I try to make a good team spirit in the locker room and win games.
Arsenal almost equalised in the 21 minute when Hector Bellerin received a precise pass inside the box, but City keeper Ederson was quickly off his line and smothered the attacker. Kick-off is at 4pm.
Arsenal players have admitted that they are doing double training sessions under the new manager than in the past as they have posted pictures of themselves exhausted after tiring sessions and Arsenal's director of high performance says that Unai Emery has made some significant changes to the training methods used at the training grounds.
"Nacho is starting with the group and maybe he can come in, maybe, for the next match".More news: USA tariffs hike adds to Turkey's economic problems
Existing Sky Sports customers can also follow the action on the Sky Go app, which can be downloaded for iOS and Android devices.
The England winger showed the more pleasing side of his game with an incisive burst past Shkodran Mustafi that took him into the Arsenal area and ended with Petr Cech saving his rising drive.
Tottenham may not have spent anything in the transfer market and had to play several of their stars who have just returned from well-earned breaks post the World Cup.More news: Bairstow and Woakes put England on top against India in second Test
- Petr Cech Articulates Unai Emery, Arsene Wenger Differences in Leadership Style
- President accuses USA of waging 'economic war' against his country
- Erdogan says US set deadline for pastor's release
- Juventus' Cristiano Ronaldo scores goal vs. U20s in first appearance
- Grassley: Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings Scheduled to Start Sept. 4
- Liverpool confirm squad numbers for new arrivals
- Algeria supports Saudi Arabia in its diplomatic row with Canada
- Tiger Woods Just Hit An Insane Shot At The PGA Championship
- Koepka takes two-shot lead heading into PGA Championship final round
- Unemployment rate drops to four-decade low in July