Ainsley Maitland-Niles came on for Kolasinac after he was hurt in Arsenal's 1-1 draw with Chelsea on August 1 and Emery said following the match he would not rule out using the 20-year-old against City.
Welbeck is among the players to have been tipped to leave Arsenal before the European transfer window closes on August 31, with David Ospina, Carl Jenkinson and Joel Campbell also expected to move on.
It's an incredibly hard start for Unai Emery as the Gunners new chapter starts against a team tipped for more superiority after their exploits last season.More news: Chilwell insists Maguire won't quit Leicester in January
Arsenal legend Ian Wright believes playing Man City on the opening day of the season is a great time to face them.
New signing Stephan Lichsteiner is likely to start at left-back, despite the right being his stronger side, given his experience and Manchester City's tough wingers.More news: British pound falls lower against dollar, euro
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in the new Arsenal kit. "It's natural these five players are in the position to be captain". Arsenal were given a hiding in this fixture a few months back, losing 3-0 on an absolutely freezing night in front of a paltry crowd that pretty much summed up where they were back then. "But we are starting a new way, and a new process", he said.
Guardiola's side might become more technical at the back this season, with Aymeric Laporte and John Stones seemingly his first-choice combination, with the more rugged Vincent Kompany and Nicolas Otamendi back-ups. No way. I don't want to forget what we have done last season. But in these two moments in the match, we need to work. "But we want to play with the idea to create a winning mentality".
The Gunners entertain Pep Guardiola's champions at the Emirates on Sunday.More news: President Trump Thanks Kanye West For His Support On ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’
- Nadal Dispatches Paire To Advance In Toronto
- How blue light accelerates blindness
- Marcelo has 'called Juventus' to try and join Ronaldo at Juventus
- PGA Championship: Tiger Woods flirting with cut line
- Bodies of 3 suspected terrorists found after Jordan shootout
- Boris Johnson defended by Rowan Atkinson in burka row
- 'Stolen' plane closes Seattle airport before crashing into sea
- Arsenal v Manchester City
- Idris Elba Fuels James Bond Speculation With Playful Tweet
- Nobel Prize-winning author V.S. Naipaul is dead