"Lowlife, she's a lowlife", Trump responded before exiting a platform where he had been asking the bikers for their thoughts on the media. Her book also describes him as scattered, self-absorbed, misogynistic and insecure.
Manigault Newman, who came to fame on Trump's reality show "The Apprentice" years ago before going to work in his administration, is set to release her expose, "Unhinged", on August 14.More news: Wall Street Rattles: Elon Musk Glides to Take Tesla Private
Manigault Newman claims in her upcoming book, "Unhinged: An Insider Account of the Trump White House", that Trump pitched the idea of taking his presidential oath on a copy of "The Art of the Deal", according to an excerpt obtained by Slate Magazine on Saturday.
But when pressed about her version in the book, Manigault Newman told to NPR: "I heard the tape".
Manigault Newman was previously best known for her polarizing character on NBC's "The Apprentice". "I had to go through the pain of witnessing his racism with my own eyes, and hearing it with my own ears, many times, until I couldn't deny it any longer".More news: 'Mourinho at odds with the United board'
The remarks were a break with comments made during the campaign when the former reality television celebrity vowed that those who had criticized Trump would bend the knee to him. While she doesn't provide direct evidence, she cites three unnamed sources who attest to the existence of the tape.
The White House has rebuked Manigault Newman's book, with Press Secretary Sarah Sanders calling it "riddled with lies and false accusations". At the time, a source familiar with her departure told the Guardian that she had always been uncomfortable defending the Trump administration as the most prominent African American woman in the White House.More news: Tesla's Elon Musk faces investor lawsuit
- Anderson`s fifer knocks India out for 107 in Lord`s Test
- NASA's flight to sun delayed by last-minute technical issues
- Ford celebrates production of 10 million Mustang sports cars
- Paul Pogba hints at bad relationship with Jose Mourinho at Man United
- NFL finds 'defective' football in Steelers-Eagles game
- Australian woman killed by garbage truck in New York City
- Second Gazan killed by Israeli fire on border: health ministry
- Donald Trump Threatens to Suspend Protesting NFL Players Even Though He Can't
- July exports accelerate despite Trump's tariff hike
- José Mourinho takes aim at Manchester United’s board