"Lowlife, she's a lowlife", Trump responded before exiting a platform where he had been asking the bikers for their thoughts on the media. Her book also describes him as scattered, self-absorbed, misogynistic and insecure.
Manigault Newman, who came to fame on Trump's reality show "The Apprentice" years ago before going to work in his administration, is set to release her expose, "Unhinged", on August 14.More news: Puerto Rico Says Hurricane Maria Death Toll Is Likely More Than 1,400
Manigault Newman claims in her upcoming book, "Unhinged: An Insider Account of the Trump White House", that Trump pitched the idea of taking his presidential oath on a copy of "The Art of the Deal", according to an excerpt obtained by Slate Magazine on Saturday.
But when pressed about her version in the book, Manigault Newman told to NPR: "I heard the tape".
Manigault Newman was previously best known for her polarizing character on NBC's "The Apprentice". "I had to go through the pain of witnessing his racism with my own eyes, and hearing it with my own ears, many times, until I couldn't deny it any longer".More news: Jordan Ayew joins Crystal Palace
The remarks were a break with comments made during the campaign when the former reality television celebrity vowed that those who had criticized Trump would bend the knee to him. While she doesn't provide direct evidence, she cites three unnamed sources who attest to the existence of the tape.
The White House has rebuked Manigault Newman's book, with Press Secretary Sarah Sanders calling it "riddled with lies and false accusations". At the time, a source familiar with her departure told the Guardian that she had always been uncomfortable defending the Trump administration as the most prominent African American woman in the White House.More news: Look to the Skies This Weekend for a Colorado Meteor Shower
- Second Gazan killed by Israeli fire on border: health ministry
- Changes to ICBC premiums would see bad drivers pay more
- NASA's flight to sun delayed by last-minute technical issues
- Frank Lampard reveals why Leeds United beat Derby in Championship demolition job
- Paul Pogba hints at bad relationship with Jose Mourinho at Man United
- Omarosa Manigault Claims There Are Tapes of Trump Using the N-Word
- Tesla's Elon Musk faces investor lawsuit
- Hurricane Hector to pass just south of Hawaii
- NFL finds 'defective' football in Steelers-Eagles game
- All 20 Marvel Cinematic Universe movies are coming to IMAX