Kepa had little to do for the opening 20 minutes as Chelsea hogged the ball, but made a hash of an early touch when he passed straight to Huddersfield midfielder Aaron Mooy.
Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri made a winning start to life in the Premier League as his team enjoyed a 3-0 win over Huddersfield Town at the John Smith's Stadium on Saturday. For us in general it was a very good day.
"We started very well, on the front foot, and then the first goal came out of nothing".
So how long will it take, Maurizio? You can't do that against Chelsea because they will hurt you, and that's exactly what they did.
The Blues were the sole aggressors in the second half and, after Hamer parried a header from Antonio Rudiger behind, Alonso sent an acrobatic effort against the crossbar in the 58th minute.More news: Nobel Prize-winning author V.S. Naipaul is dead
Henrotay said he understand Chelsea fans' anger, especially because they lost a goalkeeper of Courtois' quality, but insisted they should not feel that way.
However, Wagner denied suggestions his players had shown their opponents too much respect.
"We are lucky now because we can work with one match a week".
"I think that Eden in this moment can not play for 90 minutes, he needs to have training", Sarri said of the Belgium star.
"Chelsea were very clinical". He could have won more trophies.More news: Erdogan to Trump: Shame on You, Shame on You
It capped off an impressive performance from the Italian who had also attracted interest from champions Manchester City this summer.
Things are looking good for Chelsea if he can maintain this sort of form.
"The boys have done well today - not flawless, but well".
"You have to use your chances and (luck) wasn't on our side unfortunately, so we keep going and keep working, it's only the first game". The return of the industrious Kante no doubt helped him focus on the areas he excels in.
As we know, Kante is not known for scoring goals but he's kept up his record of scoring at least one goal in a Premier League season by getting off to a flyer this afternoon.More news: Trump condemns racism, year after Charlottesville
- Chilwell insists Maguire won't quit Leicester in January
- British pound falls lower against dollar, euro
- Ronaldo 'in intensive care' after contracting pneumonia in Ibiza
- Santi Cazorla: Villarreal give midfielder a magical welcome
- Marcelo has 'called Juventus' to try and join Ronaldo at Juventus
- Arsenal v Manchester City
- Even Hollywood wives feel aggrieved about child support
- In wake of critical book, Trump calls Omarosa 'a lowlife'
- President Trump Thanks Kanye West For His Support On ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’
- IKEA store attracts 40,000 customers on first day