Newman's book, "Unhinged: An Insider's Account of the Trump White House", which is set to release Tuesday, has already caused quite a stir over the numerous accusations she lobs at the man she worked so closely with for more than a decade.
"Hearing it changed everything for me", she told NPR reporter Rachel Martin. According to a published report by the media organization, when asked to clear up the discrepancy, the former White House aide said Martin must not have read the book.
Manigault Newman, who got her big break as a contender on Trump's canceled TV show, The Apprentice, has, in the words of the NY magazine's Jonathan Chait "met a wall of skepticism bordering on reflexive disbelief".More news: Lowry shoots 69 to remain in major hunt at PGA
Elsewhere in her book, she claims the president suffers from "mental decline" and alleges she once saw Trump chew up a piece of paper after a meeting with his then-lawyer Michael Cohen. "It's how I'm going to make great deals for the country".
The White House initially said Newman had resigned but after the "Big Brother" appearance said she had been fired.
Mr Trump was sworn in using two Bibles; his own and one used at Abraham Lincoln's inauguration in 1861.More news: Airline Worker Steals Aircraft, Crashes Near Seattle
According to multiple reports, she cites three unnamed sources in "Unhinged" who claim to have heard Trump use the "N-word" repeatedly during the making of The Apprentice.
She said: 'I was told exactly what Donald Trump said - yes, the N-word and others in a classic Trump-goes-nuclear rant - and when he's said them. Using the N-word was not just the way he talks but, more disturbing, it was how he thought of me and African-Americans as a whole'. Early excerpts have been denounced by White House officials, who are launching a concerted effort to discredit their former colleague.More news: Emery: Arsenal players should deliver against Man City
- Authorities probe how 'suicidal' employee could steal plane from Seattle airport
- Will Muschamp slams 'gutless' reporting of Maryland football allegations
- Gary Woodland sets PGA Championship record before storm suspends play
- Listen to Kanye West's previously unreleased track, "XTCY"
- Jose Mourinho: I wanted to bring on Anthony Martial but couldn't
- British pound falls lower against dollar, euro
- New Zealand to ban single-use plastic bags
- Extraordinary audio of the Seattle hijacker conversation with air traffic controller
- Gerard Pique: Barcelona and Spain confirms global retirement
- England ace Chris Woakes boasts absurdly low Test average at Lord's