Newman's book, "Unhinged: An Insider's Account of the Trump White House", which is set to release Tuesday, has already caused quite a stir over the numerous accusations she lobs at the man she worked so closely with for more than a decade.
"Hearing it changed everything for me", she told NPR reporter Rachel Martin. According to a published report by the media organization, when asked to clear up the discrepancy, the former White House aide said Martin must not have read the book.
Manigault Newman, who got her big break as a contender on Trump's canceled TV show, The Apprentice, has, in the words of the NY magazine's Jonathan Chait "met a wall of skepticism bordering on reflexive disbelief".More news: Is the US-Turkey crisis beyond repair? | USA
Elsewhere in her book, she claims the president suffers from "mental decline" and alleges she once saw Trump chew up a piece of paper after a meeting with his then-lawyer Michael Cohen. "It's how I'm going to make great deals for the country".
The White House initially said Newman had resigned but after the "Big Brother" appearance said she had been fired.
Mr Trump was sworn in using two Bibles; his own and one used at Abraham Lincoln's inauguration in 1861.More news: Pogba penalty sets United on way to win over Leicester
According to multiple reports, she cites three unnamed sources in "Unhinged" who claim to have heard Trump use the "N-word" repeatedly during the making of The Apprentice.
She said: 'I was told exactly what Donald Trump said - yes, the N-word and others in a classic Trump-goes-nuclear rant - and when he's said them. Using the N-word was not just the way he talks but, more disturbing, it was how he thought of me and African-Americans as a whole'. Early excerpts have been denounced by White House officials, who are launching a concerted effort to discredit their former colleague.More news: Anti-racist protesters in Charlottesville angered by heightened police presence, riot gear
- Lowry shoots 69 to remain in major hunt at PGA
- Dele Alli sinks Newcastle in Premier League opener
- Chris Pine And Chris Hemsworth Drop Out Of Star Trek 4
- Jurgen Klopp feels Alisson will settle into the Premier League quickly
- Maurizio Sarri not aiming to repeat Napoli formula at Chelsea
- Torchlight Frontiers announced | PC
- Authorities probe how 'suicidal' employee could steal plane from Seattle airport
- New Zealand to ban single-use plastic bags
- England ace Chris Woakes boasts absurdly low Test average at Lord's
- NCAA adopts college basketball reforms for agents, NBA draft