Australian No.1 Ashleigh Barty is just one match away from a maiden Canadian Open finals appearance after defeating Belgian Kiki Bertens in straight sets.
Barty will play the Romanian for the first time after dispatching Kiki Bertens 6-3 6-1 in less than an hour to extend her flawless record over the Dutchwoman to two matches.
The 2016 Rogers Cup champion held serve for the remainder of the set.More news: Palm-branded 3.3-inch smartphone in the works
Sunday's match will be the fifth Rogers Cup final in eight years to feature an American - Serena Williams having taken the crown in 2011 and 2013 before Venus Williams lost in 2014 and Madison Keys did likewise two years later.
"My opponent has already six hours at the hotel resting, and I just finished the match and I'm doing now these (interviews)", Halep said at 9 p.m. local time (0100 GMT).
She then raced through the second set 6-1 with minimum fuss.More news: Trump condemns racism, year after Charlottesville
Stephens, the world No. 3, has had a productive 2018, winning a hard-court title in Miami in March and making the French Open final, where the 25-year-old by beaten by Halep.
"I think I played smart tennis today".More news: Ronaldo 'in intensive care' after contracting pneumonia in Ibiza
- New Pokemon Let's Go Trailer Displays a World Beyond Pallet Town
- How blue light accelerates blindness
- Trade Desk shares rally on earnings beat
- Arsenal Vs. Manchester City Live Stream
- Tiger Woods Just Hit An Insane Shot At The PGA Championship
- Unai Emery hints Danny Welbeck could solve Arsenal’s left-back crisis
- Ingraham Denies Saying Anything Racist In Her Televised Racist Segment
- Liverpool confirm squad numbers for new arrivals
- Harry Kane's Premier League Record In The Month Of August Is Shocking
- Maurizio Sarri hints at early Chelsea struggle