Marcelo Bielsa stunned another promotion favourite at Pride Park today as Frank Lampard's side were comfortably beaten 4-1 by his travelling Whites, who were dressed for the first time in the club's new away kit.
But Roofe struck again on the hour when he spun onto Klich's pass and drove a left-footed shot past Carson from 12 yards, and Leeds made it 4-1 in the 64th minute.
Chelsea legend Lampard was appointed the Derby manager in the summer - his first senior managerial job.More news: Jordan Ayew joins Crystal Palace
However, in a development that may have hampered this Leeds side last season, Derby replied in quick fashion; Tom Lawrence with a free-kick that the Leeds 'keeper will not look back on fondly.
Derby County: Carson, Wisdom, Keogh, Tomori, Lowe, Ledley (Johnson 45), Bryson, Mount (Bennett 70), Wilson (Jozefzoon 61), Lawrence, Waghorn.
When Tom Lawrence's free-kick was badly misjudged by 21-year-old goalkeeper Bailey Peacock-Farrell the Rams were swiftly level, but Ezgjan Alioski's ideal left-wing cross was headed in by Kemar Roofe to restore the Leeds lead. The most disappointing thing for me is we went away from what we are. He's been one of the best English players that we have ever had.More news: Hurricane Hector to pass just south of Hawaii
Leeds need not have anxious about the near miss as they made it 3-1 on the hour, Roofe producing a great turn in the area to get clear before rifling a left foot shot into the top corner of the net.
From the opening exchanges, it was clear that this game was always going to one that had goals in it. But what happened in the games so far does not mark a definite trend, it's too early to make conclusions.
And just two minutes later United were in front thanks to a brilliant finish from Klich who received the ball on the edge of the area from Pablo Hernandez and then produced a gem of a shot into the bottom right corner for his second goal in two games.More news: Look to the Skies This Weekend for a Colorado Meteor Shower
- Omarosa Manigault Claims There Are Tapes of Trump Using the N-Word
- Puerto Rico Says Hurricane Maria Death Toll Is Likely More Than 1,400
- 'Mourinho at odds with the United board'
- All 20 Marvel Cinematic Universe movies are coming to IMAX
- Second Gazan killed by Israeli fire on border: health ministry
- Li withdraws from PGA Championship due to wrist injury
- Valencia make €3m loan offer for Batshuayi
- José Mourinho takes aim at Manchester United’s board
- Tesla's Elon Musk faces investor lawsuit
- NFL finds 'defective' football in Steelers-Eagles game