Manigault Newman does not specify in her book, which is due to be released on Tuesday, whether she heard Trump using the slur or whether she saw footage of him using it.More news: Marcelo has 'called Juventus' to try and join Ronaldo at Juventus
The former White House aide, who was promoting her new tell-all memoir, told Chuck Todd, "It is hindsight". She says it proves stories that she had to be dragged out of The White House during that XMAS party in December, 2017 were false.
She alleges that Trump has exhibited signs of a "mental decline that could not be denied" and says she went as far as printing out a study linking Diet Coke consumption to dementia and strokes and putting it in his briefing stack.
The truly troubling thing about the tape, as an alarmed Twitter quickly picked up on, is that it exists at all. Early excerpts have been denounced by White House officials, who are launching a concerted effort to discredit their former colleague.More news: Maurizio Sarri hints at early Chelsea struggle
Manigault Newman was a contestant on Trump's "The Apprentice" reality show and later served as a senior adviser to the president. On the Saturday anniversary of the riot, Trump tweeted, "I condemn all types of racism and acts of violence", which some have interpreted as more waffling, as reported by USA Today.
"I have to protect myself and I have no regret about it", Omarosa said on NBC's "Meet the Press". The president lies to the American people. Sarah Huckabee stands in front of the country and lies every single day.More news: New Pokemon Let's Go Trailer Displays a World Beyond Pallet Town
Manigault Newman said she viewed the comment as a "threat" and defended her decision to covertly record it and other White House conversations, describing it as a form of protection. "You have to have your own back because otherwise you'll look back and you'll see 17 knives in your back".
- Santi Cazorla: Villarreal give midfielder a magical welcome
- Idris Elba Fuels James Bond Speculation With Playful Tweet
- IKEA store attracts 40,000 customers on first day
- Even Hollywood wives feel aggrieved about child support
- 'Stolen' plane closes Seattle airport before crashing into sea
- Trump condemns racism, year after Charlottesville
- Nobel Prize-winning author V.S. Naipaul is dead
- Arsenal v Manchester City
- PGA Championship: Tiger Woods flirting with cut line
- Everton set to land Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma before transfer deadline window