Dele Alli silenced the complaints about Tottenham's lack of signings as the England midfielder sealed a 2-1 win at Newcastle in their Premier League opener on Saturday. The second half was back and forth with great saves and great chances for both teams.
"I told them yesterday, for me, it's like we start from zero".
For only the second time in Premier League history, Newcastle haven't named a debutant in their starting XI on the opening day.More news: Chris Pine And Chris Hemsworth Drop Out Of Star Trek 4
Spurs regained their lead in a topsy-turvy opening, as Aurier's risky cross from deep on the right was nodded back across goal and into the corner by Alli, who scored in the 2-0 win at St James' Park on the opening day of last season.
But Tottenham lifted the gloom with a gritty victory at St James' Park thanks to first half headers from Jan Vertonghen and Dele Alli.
"If we are happy with our squad and can not improve our squad, sometimes it's better to keep our squad together".
Newcastle's Venezuelan forward Salomon Rondon almost enjoyed a dream debut after coming off the substitutes' bench but his late effort was deflected onto the crossbar after a desperate block from Vertonghen.More news: Actress Sean Young wanted for questioning in NYC burglary
Not to be outdone at the other end, Lloris stood up well to block Ayoze Perez's shot.
The novelty of Kane's run without a goal in the Premier League season's opening month stretching to 14 matches will not concern Pochettino greatly.
The gong could have also been awarded to Jan Vertonghen, but it was apt that England midfielder Alli scored the victor after a busy summer.
"So many goals I've scored have been taken away from me".More news: England ace Chris Woakes boasts absurdly low Test average at Lord's
- Wall Street Rattles: Elon Musk Glides to Take Tesla Private
- Jordan Ayew joins Crystal Palace
- Changes to ICBC premiums would see bad drivers pay more
- Sarri's 'Spanish' Chelsea get off to flawless start
- Australian woman killed by garbage truck in New York City
- Authorities probe how 'suicidal' employee could steal plane from Seattle airport
- Orca Mother Grieves Dead Calf More Than Two Weeks and Counting
- Gary Woodland sets PGA Championship record before storm suspends play
- Extraordinary audio of the Seattle hijacker conversation with air traffic controller
- Trump calls Omarosa Manigault Newman a 'lowlife'