Early indications were that Guice might have suffered a strained MCL, saying after the game that he "felt fine".More news: High number of Cape Cod mosquitoes with West Nile virus
Guice was selected in the second round of the 2018 NFL Draft out of LSU. But he underwent an MRI on Friday morning where the more serious injury was discovered.More news: Unai Emery welcomes Pep Guardiola battle ahead of Arsenal v Man City
The injury ends Guice's season before it started. and puts the Redskins run game right back where it ended. Thompson got 64 carries in his 10 games a year ago, and could be looking at a similar number of rushes per game with Guice out for the season.More news: Bethenny Frankel’s Boyfriend Found Dead in His Trump Tower Apartment
Instead, Guice's National Football League career starts with a medical redshirt. They're not expecting him to come here and have a 500-yard season. Rob Kelley, Samaje Perine and Kapri Bibbs will spend the rest of the preseason jockeying for position, though Kelley already appears to have a lead over the other two. Coach Jay Gruden has said there was competition for the No. 1 job along with third-down back Chris Thompson. He averaged an impressive 2.84 yards after contact per attempt and forced 35 missed tackles across 168 carries, ranking T-10th and 13th, respectively, among running backs with 100-plus carries that season. Of course, Kelley's unexpected regression opened the door for then rookie running back Perine to take on an increased role, and he didn't fail to impress down the stretch. Basically they'll have a running downs back and a passing downs back.
- Orlando Magic to play regular season games in Mexico City
- Drake & Migos Tour Postponed Again
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 forums are now open
- Dez Bryant tweets he will visit Cleveland Browns
- Novak Djokovic bundled out of Canadian Open by unheralded teenager Stefanos Tsitsipas
- US Senate offers Assange to testify about Russia's interference in US elections
- Everton swoop for season-long loan signing of Chelsea defender
- Manchester United prepared to pay £100m for Real Madrid's Raphael Varane?
- Men who wear boxers have a much higher sperm count, says study
- Jimmy Kimmel shuts down Kanye West's love for Donald Trump