Michigan Democratic gubernatorial candidate Gretchen Whitmer addresses her supporters after winning the primary, Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2018, in Detroit.
Another Democratic running is businessman Shri Thanedar.
Republican nominee Bill Schuette and Democratic nominee Gretchen Whitmer - who won their respective parties' nominees Tuesday - are both calling for a minimum of three debates. The number of female House nominees is at least 185 nationwide and stands at 10 in MI, which also are records.
Strong feelings about President Donald Trump, a competitive governor's race and congressional retirements fueled what probably was a record MI primary turnout, with more than half-million more people voting than in 2010 - the last time the governorship was open. Turnout figures posted online only go back to 1978.More news: Bethenny Frankel’s Boyfriend Found Dead in His Trump Tower Apartment
"It turned into her claiming victim status", Shapiro said earlier on Fox News. "But with our ground game and our fundraising capabilities, we feel like if we pack our raingear - if we come prepared - we're going to be just fine", said state GOP spokeswoman Sarah Anderson. Republican leaders in the state worry that Kobach, who is best known for supporting voting restrictions and strenuously opposing immigration, could put the office at risk in the general election. They've pushed anti-choice. They've cut us out of the debate about everything from our health care to our water.
"We have so many elected officials with no political background".
In her victory speech, Whitmer noted how much she enjoys her home state.
"I hope to earn your support as we move forward", Schuette said.More news: McDonald's offering chance to win McGold Card, free food for life
"We need a governor who knows how to get things done". But the Secretary of State's office told voters to stay in line - everyone who was in line by 8:00 p.m. was allowed to vote. And, she added, "We come from a family and a place that had been colonized".
"I love MI. I am raising my family here in this great state", she said.More news: Nintendo Switch online services confirmed to launch second half of September
- Paul Pogba Named Manchester United Captain - Starting XI V Leicester Confirmed
- Let’s double down on Turkey sanctions
- New York Times debuts on ‘Magic Leap One Creator Edition’
- Unai Emery welcomes Pep Guardiola battle ahead of Arsenal v Man City
- Men who wear boxers have a much higher sperm count, says study
- Kylie Jenner’s Baby Stormi Is Basically A Model Already & She's Beyond Cute
- Drake & Migos Tour Postponed Again
- DOOM Eternal Will Raise Hell On Nintendo Switch
- As Expected, SEC Delays VanEck/SolidX Bitcoin ETF Decision Until September
- Turkish lira crashes to record low as Trump doubles metal tariffs