Fulham signalled its determination to stay in the Premier League by becoming the first promoted team to spend over 100 million pounds ($128 million) in the summer transfer window.
Spurs had a £25 million bid rejected for Jack Grealish and decided that the Championship club's valuation of £32 million was too much to pay.
Their failure to bring anyone in is the first time a Premier League club has not made a signing in the 15 years of the summer transfer window.
The former Arsenal and England striker believes the Reds' summer transfer business can catapult them above Pep Guardiola's record-breaking champions.More news: God Of War’s Massive New Game Plus Mode Is Coming This Month
We are sure to see a number of huge deals go through today and we will be keeping you up to date with every single one of them no matter how big or small.
The clubs can in fact still buy and sell players up until the end of August.
Toby Alderweireld, Danny Rose and Mousa Dembele could still leave in the next few weeks, but Pochettino has been able to keep hold of the likes of Harry Kane, Christian Eriksen and Kieran Trippier.
He was also, however, firm in his stance that his old club Manchester United "should be challenging" regardless of their inability to add a top quality centre back to their side during the transfer window.More news: Watch the best goals and skills of new Everton signing Bernard
United have until 5 p.m on Thursday to add new players ahead of the start of the season.
However, despite links to numerous targets, United are yet to reinforce. To keep our best players was our objective and goal and we have achieved that - at the moment, we will see what happens in the next 20 days in Europe.
"I'd love to back Liverpool and I do think we'll be the nearest challengers but there's a lot of points to make up on Manchester City", Thompson told Sky Sports. Pochettino is adamant Tottenham´s lack of transfer activity isn´t a problem because it was just as important to hold onto the club´s key players.
"Of course it's hard to understand for people in football that Tottenham didn't sign or sell players, but sometimes in football you need to behave differently", he said in his press conference earlier today, as per The Mirror.More news: Baker Mayfield shines during his Browns debut
"If we are happy with our squad and can not improve our squad, sometimes it's better to keep our squad together".
- Pence calls for creation of Space Force by 2020
- Malaysia's Najib pleads not guilty to money laundering as charges pile up
- Japanese automakers Suzuki, Mazda and Yamaha admit using false emissions data
- First Lady Melania Trump's Mom & Dad Become US Citizens
- Brad Pitt: I've given Angelina Jolie $9m since split
- Third natural disaster rocks Indonesia's Lombok in under two weeks
- Oman issues statement on Saudi-Canada stand-off
- United planning Milinkovic-Savic bid
- Japan Medical School Apologizes for Hurting Women’s Admissions Chances
- Sacha Baron Cohen's interview with Sheriff Joe Arpaio is absolutely nuts