Portugal global Gomes endured even greater struggles at LaLiga's champions and has found an escape route in the shape of a season-long loan at Goodison Park, which will cost the Toffees €2.25million.
But Bernard instead opted to link up with Marco Silva at Goodison Park.More news: Japanese automakers Suzuki, Mazda and Yamaha admit using false emissions data
Barcelona originally purchased the Palmeiras player in January, paying 11.8 million euros, a very small amount considering the prices that were being paid for other centre-backs at the time.
The Toffees secured the signings of Barcelona duo Mina and Gomes, before tying up the loose ends to bring in Brazil global Bernard from Shakhtar Donetsk. Everton is a club with a great structure and a lot of tradition, historically the fourth most successful club in England.
He said: "I chose Everton because of all the things I had heard about Marco Silva and after speaking to him I was happy with what he said to me".More news: Warmer weather could last until October, Met Office says
"I spoke to Lucas (Digne) and he told me all about the Club, which also made me keen to come here".
Brighton and Hove Albion secured defensive reinforcement in the shape of former Barcelona right-back Martin Montoya, who joins from Valencia on a four-year deal. This is a great opportunity for me and I am looking forward to competing here.
The report claims that Mina and Gomes have both completed medicals for the club and will be officially confirmed as Everton players shortly.More news: DWTNCS 16 results: Greg Hardy knocks out Tebaris Gordon in 17-seconds
- The Oscars will introduce a new category for "achievement in popular film"
- West Virginia Offers Mobile Voting for Troops Abroad This November
- Yerry Mina, Andre Gomes and Bernard join Everton on Deadline Day
- Israel Releases Footage of Gaza Sea Barrier
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for London
- Pence calls for creation of Space Force by 2020
- Ben Schwartz to voice Sonic the Hedgehog in Paramount’s movie
- Kris Aquino dazzles in yellow at 'Crazy Rich Asians' premiere in Hollywood
- Oman issues statement on Saudi-Canada stand-off
- Musk-Funded OpenAI Creates Bots That Defeat DOTA 2 Pros