Portugal global Gomes endured even greater struggles at LaLiga's champions and has found an escape route in the shape of a season-long loan at Goodison Park, which will cost the Toffees €2.25million.
But Bernard instead opted to link up with Marco Silva at Goodison Park.More news: Japan Medical School Apologizes for Hurting Women’s Admissions Chances
Barcelona originally purchased the Palmeiras player in January, paying 11.8 million euros, a very small amount considering the prices that were being paid for other centre-backs at the time.
The Toffees secured the signings of Barcelona duo Mina and Gomes, before tying up the loose ends to bring in Brazil global Bernard from Shakhtar Donetsk. Everton is a club with a great structure and a lot of tradition, historically the fourth most successful club in England.
He said: "I chose Everton because of all the things I had heard about Marco Silva and after speaking to him I was happy with what he said to me".More news: Perseid meteor shower peaks this weekend - here’s how to watch
"I spoke to Lucas (Digne) and he told me all about the Club, which also made me keen to come here".
Brighton and Hove Albion secured defensive reinforcement in the shape of former Barcelona right-back Martin Montoya, who joins from Valencia on a four-year deal. This is a great opportunity for me and I am looking forward to competing here.
The report claims that Mina and Gomes have both completed medicals for the club and will be officially confirmed as Everton players shortly.More news: DWTNCS 16 results: Greg Hardy knocks out Tebaris Gordon in 17-seconds
- Roku's earnings dwarfed by it giving users even more free content
- Pence calls for creation of Space Force by 2020
- Yerry Mina, Andre Gomes and Bernard join Everton on Deadline Day
- Warmer weather could last until October, Met Office says
- The British Open sent a $154,000 payout to the wrong Tommy Fleetwood
- Mauricio Pochettino backs Tottenham to improve despite lack of signings
- Earth at risk of tipping into hellish 'hothouse' conditions
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for London
- Tribune backs out of Sinclair merger
- The Oscars will introduce a new category for "achievement in popular film"