Manchester United backed out of negotiations for Milinkovic-Savic after learning about Lazio's financial demands earlier in the summer but with Paul Pogba's future under renewed focus, there is talk the club could revisit the case this week.
Manchester United remain in the hunt for Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, with Juventus and Real Madrid among the other potential destinations for the Serbia global as his agents attempt to engineer a summer move for the player.
The Red Devils have made just three signings this summer, with Diogo Dalot, Fred and Lee Grant arriving thus far in the transfer window.
A centre-back and a right-sided winger are understood to be at the top of the Portuguese tactician's wish list.More news: North Korea threatens to stall denuclearization in warning to US
Premier League duo Manchester United and Chelsea, as well as Real Madrid, have been linked with a move for the 23-year-old, with Lazio president Claudio Lotito stating that he is willing to sell the midfielder.
"I'm happy to be back", the midfielder said.
Last season saw the midfielder net 14 goals and set up 9 more from 48 appearances across all competitions.
Milinkovic-Savic has since been linked with Chelsea and Juventus, while Real Madrid and Barcelona could yet sign him with the La Liga transfer window open until August 31.More news: Meteor shower in the Netherlands
"Of course I do not want to sell, but if you asked me how much he is worth, I will remind you that a year ago I refused a €110 million offer".
His agent, Mino Raiola reportedly delivered a player-plus-cash proposal from Barca to United board on Monday, having jetted in to Manchester to try and secure a departure.
Interestingly, the reigning European champions also remain keen in acquiring the services of the seven-time capped Serbian global.More news: Oman issues statement on Saudi-Canada stand-off
- Mauricio Pochettino backs Tottenham to improve despite lack of signings
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for London
- First Lady Melania Trump's Mom & Dad Become US Citizens
- Israel Releases Footage of Gaza Sea Barrier
- Japanese automakers Suzuki, Mazda and Yamaha admit using false emissions data
- Kris Aquino dazzles in yellow at 'Crazy Rich Asians' premiere in Hollywood
- Thomas trails Johnson, McIlroy on 2018 PGA Championship odds
- Kawhi Leonard thanks Spurs in first statement since trade to Raptors
- Petition calls for LeBron James to be U.S. Secretary of Education
- Watch the best goals and skills of new Everton signing Bernard