Cam Newton and Kelvin Benjamin addressed their feud in what seems to be the most awkward manner possible. A first-round pick by the Panthers in 2014, Benjamin was traded to the Bills midway through last season for a pair of draft picks.
On Thursday, Cam Newton got the chance to confront Kelvin about his comments, but the Buffalo Bills WR made a decision to dismiss him and just walk away from the conversation.More news: Perseid meteor shower peaks this weekend - here’s how to watch
All this beef comes from an interview posted by The Athletic where Benjamin says he wishes he was never drafted by the Panthers and also said that he would have done a lot better if he was drafted by any other quarterback. When Benjamin left Newton hanging, Newton asked for privacy and had an apparent argument with his former teammate.
When it became clear Benjamin wasn't over their squabbling, Newton ushered away a Bills player for privacy, but Benjamin walked away from the conversation.More news: Malaysia's Najib pleads not guilty to money laundering as charges pile up
The comments that got the attention of Newton and plenty of other people - including Buffalo Coach Sean McDermott - featured this passage: "If you would've put me with any other quarterback, let's be real, you know what I'm saying?"
Prior to Carolina's preseason game against Buffalo on Thursday, the two met at midfield.More news: Musk-Funded OpenAI Creates Bots That Defeat DOTA 2 Pros
Former Carolina Panther DT Star Lotulelei was welcomed with open arms by Luke Kuechly.
- Winners and losers from the Premier League transfer window
- Dolphins receivers Stills, Wilson kneel during anthem
- Tottenham make history by completing no summer signings
- Baker Mayfield shines during his Browns debut
- United planning Milinkovic-Savic bid
- Betting odds favor Urban Meyer remaining Ohio State coach following latest developments
- Nunes Explains Why Rosenstein Has Not Been Impeached In Leaked Audio
- North Korea threatens to stall denuclearization in warning to US
- Brad Pitt: I've given Angelina Jolie $9m since split
- Petition calls for LeBron James to be U.S. Secretary of Education