In his response, filed on Wednesday, Spiegel dismisses Jolie's motion as "unnecessary", branding it "a thinly-veiled effort to manipulate media coverage", reports TMZ.com.
In a statement to UsWeekly, Samantha Bley DeJean of the Law Offices of Bley and Bley said that when Jolie left Pitt taking their children with her following an incident on a place in September 2016, the World War Z opted to keep the family home in Los Angeles, that he had kept following his divorce from first wife Jennifer Aniston, including the contents.
"Respondent has previously loaned Petitioner $8.0 million (USD) to assist her in purchasing her current residence and has paid over $1.3 million (USD) in bills for the benefit of Petitioner and the minor children", the court papers stated, according to Entertainment Tonight.More news: Kris Aquino dazzles in yellow at 'Crazy Rich Asians' premiere in Hollywood
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, who are embroiled in a bitter divorce and custody battle, have been slamming each other publicly over the past two days as they air their grievances via the media. It's not clear what child-support arrangements the couple has in place during the divorce process.
Jolie Pitt's filing also said she wanted to have the couple's marriage dissolved by the end of the year by separating some of the lingering issues to be resolved later.
The two filings were rare unsealed public documents in the case that gave a glimpse into the slow-moving divorce of the 54-year-old actor Pitt and the 43-year-old actress and director Jolie Pitt.More news: First Lady Melania Trump's Mom & Dad Become US Citizens
The actor moved on with Angelina after he met her on the set of Mr and Mrs Smith but after 11 years together, two of which they were married, Brange announced they were separating in 2016. Pitt's response said that a status conference that is already scheduled would serve the same goal.
"Brad felt like he actually had a say and that the court was seeing his side of things", a source added. Jolie Pitt now has primary custody of their children.
Brad Pitt is having a hard time with his ex Angelina Jolie's decision to make their divorce battle public again and he's furious over the fact that it's negatively affecting their kids.More news: Perseid meteor shower peaks this weekend - here’s how to watch
Angelina Jolie, left, and Brad Pitt arrive at the 2015 AFI Fest opening night premiere of "By The Sea" in Los Angeles.
- Yerry Mina, Andre Gomes and Bernard join Everton on Deadline Day
- Watch the best goals and skills of new Everton signing Bernard
- Druze army vets campaign against Israel’s Jewish state law
- Israel Releases Footage of Gaza Sea Barrier
- Petition calls for LeBron James to be U.S. Secretary of Education
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for London
- Mauricio Pochettino backs Tottenham to improve despite lack of signings
- North Korea threatens to stall denuclearization in warning to US
- Earth at risk of tipping into hellish 'hothouse' conditions
- God Of War’s Massive New Game Plus Mode Is Coming This Month