The 20-year-old defender, who has been capped once by the England U21s, came through the Manchester United academy but has only made a few appearances for them so far.
Evandro fired in an early opener for new-look City, who had a summer clear-out under Nigel Adkins, but could not prevent Bruce from tasting victory on his return to East Yorkshire.
Grealish continues to be linked with a move to Tottenham - but Villa are in a better financial position after being taken over during the off-season.More news: Israel Releases Footage of Gaza Sea Barrier
Jed Steer prevented Villa from beginning their season by conceding a first-minute goal with a fine save to deny Jarrod Bowen from a tight angle.
Villa were level just seven minutes later as Tommy Elphick, making his first start for Bruce's side since January, lost his marker at a corner and scored with a close-range free header.
Villa were furious when Albert Adomah went down under a challenge in the box, but referee Andrew Madley waved away the penalty appeals.More news: The Oscars will introduce a new category for "achievement in popular film"
The Egypt worldwide was not done, as in the 75th minute he contributed in his side's third goal of the game, providing an assist to Alan Hutton, who dribbled past Hull's defenders and sent the ball home, making it 3-1.
"He is not for sale, however, it is very hard when we are competing against a team which is one of the big teams in Europe now, not just in this country, and has played in the [UEFA] Champions League", Bruce said.More news: Druze army vets campaign against Israel’s Jewish state law
- Ben Schwartz to voice Sonic the Hedgehog in Paramount’s movie
- West Virginia Offers Mobile Voting for Troops Abroad This November
- Earth at risk of tipping into hellish 'hothouse' conditions
- Warmer weather could last until October, Met Office says
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for London
- Roku's earnings dwarfed by it giving users even more free content
- Oman issues statement on Saudi-Canada stand-off
- The British Open sent a $154,000 payout to the wrong Tommy Fleetwood
- Pence calls for creation of Space Force by 2020
- Yerry Mina, Andre Gomes and Bernard join Everton on Deadline Day