He had previously been linked with Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal, but Bernard insisted: 'I did not need any convincing to come here'.
'The manager made me feel confident about playing here. When I found out about this opportunity and what the manager wanted out of me I was happy.More news: Drunk driver tells police she is a ‘thoroughbred white girl’
Speaking to evertontv, Bernard said that the chance to join a "great club with great tradition" was the key driving factor behind his decision to sign for the club, vowing to help "make things happen" alongside former Watford manager Silva.
Many Barca fans were against Gomes' signing even before he joined after a somewhat underwhelming second campaign at Valencia, and he has never been able to rediscover his best form at Camp Nou.
Barcelona originally purchased the Palmeiras player in January, paying 11.8 million euros, a very small amount considering the prices that were being paid for other centre-backs at the time.More news: Roku's earnings dwarfed by it giving users even more free content
Bernard left Shakhtar Donetsk when his contract expired at the end of last season, and he has now put pen to paper on a four-year deal with Everton which will keep him at Goodison Park until 2022.
Everton have beaten the clock to secure the transfer of Shakhtar Donetsk attacker Bernard before the window closed, the club announced on their official website.
Portugal midfielder Gomes joins on an initial one-year loan deal after the teams agreed a €2.25m fee.More news: DWTNCS 16 results: Greg Hardy knocks out Tebaris Gordon in 17-seconds
- Manchester United approach snubbed by Atletico Madrid star Diego Godin
- Tribune backs out of Sinclair merger
- Packers writer proposes that Green Bay offer a trade for Khalil Mack
- Fahrenheit 11/9 Trailer: Michael Moore Explores America Under Trump
- Mobile Essentials Is a New Unlimited Plan for $60 a Month
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for London
- Fortnite for Android launches August 9, but there's a catch
- New Barcelona signing Arturo Vidal discusses Paul Pogba deal
- India vs England 2nd Test Day 1 live updates
- The Oscars will introduce a new category for "achievement in popular film"