He had previously been linked with Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal, but Bernard insisted: 'I did not need any convincing to come here'.
'The manager made me feel confident about playing here. When I found out about this opportunity and what the manager wanted out of me I was happy.More news: DWTNCS 16 results: Greg Hardy knocks out Tebaris Gordon in 17-seconds
Speaking to evertontv, Bernard said that the chance to join a "great club with great tradition" was the key driving factor behind his decision to sign for the club, vowing to help "make things happen" alongside former Watford manager Silva.
Many Barca fans were against Gomes' signing even before he joined after a somewhat underwhelming second campaign at Valencia, and he has never been able to rediscover his best form at Camp Nou.
Barcelona originally purchased the Palmeiras player in January, paying 11.8 million euros, a very small amount considering the prices that were being paid for other centre-backs at the time.More news: Ruby Rose wants Batwoman to be someone kids can look up to
Bernard left Shakhtar Donetsk when his contract expired at the end of last season, and he has now put pen to paper on a four-year deal with Everton which will keep him at Goodison Park until 2022.
Everton have beaten the clock to secure the transfer of Shakhtar Donetsk attacker Bernard before the window closed, the club announced on their official website.
Portugal midfielder Gomes joins on an initial one-year loan deal after the teams agreed a €2.25m fee.More news: Limited Edition PlayStation 4 Pro with Translucent Body Is Coming To Malaysia
- Peter Dutton 'lucky to escape' deadly Lombok natural disaster
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for London
- Patriotic tunes but no bed-lam for Ikea's Indian debut
- Ben Schwartz to voice Sonic the Hedgehog in Paramount’s movie
- Third Strong Earthquake Shakes Indonesia As Death Toll Tops 300
- Rick Gates, testifying in Manafort trial, admits to affair, London apartment
- Tribune backs out of Sinclair merger
- Manchester United approach snubbed by Atletico Madrid star Diego Godin
- Fortnite for Android launches August 9, but there's a catch
- European Tour Sends Wrong Tommy Fleetwood British Open Prize Money