Thunderstorm warnings have been issued as the heatwave which has gripped the south east comes to an end.
Other European countries such as Portugal and Spain have experienced temperatures in the mid-forties, with Lisbon reaching 44 degrees at the weekend.
"There is a chance they could be heavy and thundery but in between we have got a dry slice of weather with a fair bit of sunshine but you might catch the odd shower".
The Met Office expects cooler conditions and more rain for the rest of this month, with no sign of a return to the blisteringly hot weather.
After two full months of heatwave temperatures, Ireland is set to get a week off over the next few days.More news: Pochettino unfazed by Spurs’ quiet transfer window
A long-range weather forecast by the Met Office suggests temperatures between August and October this year could be warmer than average.
Ms Diamond said: "This means there is an increased likelihood of warmer-than-average temperatures and below-average rainfall".
The Met Office report said: 'For August to October, above-average temperatures are more likely than below-average.
"This also increases the chances of above-average United Kingdom temperatures, particularly in the early part of the forecast period".
We could have warmer-than-average temperatures in the autumn, according to the Met Office.More news: Arsenal chief Burgess: No pushback from players over Emery's new training methods
"Sea surface temperatures close to the United Kingdom have reached near-record levels as a result of the prolonged hot and sunny weather", said the Met Office.
On Tuesday temperatures could peak at 34C in Essex or Norfolk, the Met Office said.
However, by the start of September, the weather pattern is expected to slow, resulting in "settled" conditions.
"There is the potential for travel disruption from torrential downpours, lightning, hail and gusty winds, with fresher temperatures following".
The bookies make it just a 2/1 shot that 35C is hit anywhere in the country before the week is out.More news: Rick Gates, testifying in Manafort trial, admits to affair, London apartment
Sheffield has been sweltering in the summer sun for weeks on end with temperatures pushing 30C on many days.
- Fortnite for Android launches August 9, but there's a catch
- Third Strong Earthquake Shakes Indonesia As Death Toll Tops 300
- Ruby Rose wants Batwoman to be someone kids can look up to
- Peter Dutton 'lucky to escape' deadly Lombok natural disaster
- Limited Edition PlayStation 4 Pro with Translucent Body Is Coming To Malaysia
- European Tour Sends Wrong Tommy Fleetwood British Open Prize Money
- Mobile Essentials Is a New Unlimited Plan for $60 a Month
- New Barcelona signing Arturo Vidal discusses Paul Pogba deal
- Drunk driver tells police she is a ‘thoroughbred white girl’
- Argentina Senate votes against legalizing abortion