Hail, thunder and lightning were also possibilities.
NB Power spokesperson Marie-Andrée Bolduc said in an email that crews were doing restoration once it was safe to do after the storm passed. The number of power outages in the area is unknown at this time. A cell there is producing heavy rain, large hail, and strong winds moving southeast at 20 miles per hour.More news: HBO Hard Knocks With The Cleveland Browns Premieres Tonight: Final Trailer
Environment Canada issued a severe thunderstorm warning just after 12:40 p.m. for London, Parkhill and Eastern Middlesex County.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches. "Large hail can damage property and cause injury", the warning said".More news: Limited Edition PlayStation 4 Pro with Translucent Body Is Coming To Malaysia
Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. "Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes".
Some of the storms could bring torrential downpours and damaging winds.More news: Tribune backs out of Sinclair merger
- Packers writer proposes that Green Bay offer a trade for Khalil Mack
- Rick Gates, testifying in Manafort trial, admits to affair, London apartment
- Pochettino unfazed by Spurs’ quiet transfer window
- Yerry Mina, Andre Gomes and Bernard join Everton on Deadline Day
- Fortnite for Android launches August 9, but there's a catch
- European Tour Sends Wrong Tommy Fleetwood British Open Prize Money
- Roku's earnings dwarfed by it giving users even more free content
- West Virginia Offers Mobile Voting for Troops Abroad This November
- Fahrenheit 11/9 Trailer: Michael Moore Explores America Under Trump
- Tony Pulis wishes Adama Traore luck at Wolverhampton Wanderers