Hail, thunder and lightning were also possibilities.
NB Power spokesperson Marie-Andrée Bolduc said in an email that crews were doing restoration once it was safe to do after the storm passed. The number of power outages in the area is unknown at this time. A cell there is producing heavy rain, large hail, and strong winds moving southeast at 20 miles per hour.More news: Drunk driver tells police she is a ‘thoroughbred white girl’
Environment Canada issued a severe thunderstorm warning just after 12:40 p.m. for London, Parkhill and Eastern Middlesex County.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches. "Large hail can damage property and cause injury", the warning said".More news: Ruby Rose wants Batwoman to be someone kids can look up to
Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. "Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes".
Some of the storms could bring torrential downpours and damaging winds.More news: Argentina Senate votes against legalizing abortion
- Fahrenheit 11/9 Trailer: Michael Moore Explores America Under Trump
- Tony Pulis wishes Adama Traore luck at Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Pochettino unfazed by Spurs’ quiet transfer window
- Ben Schwartz to voice Sonic the Hedgehog in Paramount’s movie
- Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish 'not for sale at any price'
- Arsenal chief Burgess: No pushback from players over Emery's new training methods
- DWTNCS 16 results: Greg Hardy knocks out Tebaris Gordon in 17-seconds
- Third Strong Earthquake Shakes Indonesia As Death Toll Tops 300
- Roku's earnings dwarfed by it giving users even more free content
- New Barcelona signing Arturo Vidal discusses Paul Pogba deal