Hail, thunder and lightning were also possibilities.
NB Power spokesperson Marie-Andrée Bolduc said in an email that crews were doing restoration once it was safe to do after the storm passed. The number of power outages in the area is unknown at this time. A cell there is producing heavy rain, large hail, and strong winds moving southeast at 20 miles per hour.More news: Packers writer proposes that Green Bay offer a trade for Khalil Mack
Environment Canada issued a severe thunderstorm warning just after 12:40 p.m. for London, Parkhill and Eastern Middlesex County.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches. "Large hail can damage property and cause injury", the warning said".More news: Argentina Senate votes against legalizing abortion
Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. "Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes".
Some of the storms could bring torrential downpours and damaging winds.More news: New Barcelona signing Arturo Vidal discusses Paul Pogba deal
- Warmer weather could last until October, Met Office says
- India vs England 2nd Test Day 1 live updates
- Manchester United approach snubbed by Atletico Madrid star Diego Godin
- Patriotic tunes but no bed-lam for Ikea's Indian debut
- Roku's earnings dwarfed by it giving users even more free content
- European Tour Sends Wrong Tommy Fleetwood British Open Prize Money
- Ben Schwartz to voice Sonic the Hedgehog in Paramount’s movie
- HBO Hard Knocks With The Cleveland Browns Premieres Tonight: Final Trailer
- Peter Dutton 'lucky to escape' deadly Lombok natural disaster
- Fortnite for Android launches August 9, but there's a catch