Hail, thunder and lightning were also possibilities.
NB Power spokesperson Marie-Andrée Bolduc said in an email that crews were doing restoration once it was safe to do after the storm passed. The number of power outages in the area is unknown at this time. A cell there is producing heavy rain, large hail, and strong winds moving southeast at 20 miles per hour.More news: Ben Schwartz to voice Sonic the Hedgehog in Paramount’s movie
Environment Canada issued a severe thunderstorm warning just after 12:40 p.m. for London, Parkhill and Eastern Middlesex County.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches. "Large hail can damage property and cause injury", the warning said".More news: Roku's earnings dwarfed by it giving users even more free content
Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. "Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes".
Some of the storms could bring torrential downpours and damaging winds.More news: India vs England 2nd Test Day 1 live updates
- Tony Pulis wishes Adama Traore luck at Wolverhampton Wanderers
- DWTNCS 16 results: Greg Hardy knocks out Tebaris Gordon in 17-seconds
- Limited Edition PlayStation 4 Pro with Translucent Body Is Coming To Malaysia
- Tribune backs out of Sinclair merger
- Mobile Essentials Is a New Unlimited Plan for $60 a Month
- Patriotic tunes but no bed-lam for Ikea's Indian debut
- Fahrenheit 11/9 Trailer: Michael Moore Explores America Under Trump
- Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish 'not for sale at any price'
- HBO Hard Knocks With The Cleveland Browns Premieres Tonight: Final Trailer
- West Virginia Offers Mobile Voting for Troops Abroad This November