Both Variety and Deadline report that Rose, now appearing in the giant-shark action movie The Meg, has been tapped to portray Kate Kane in both the upcoming Arrow/Flash/Supergirl crossover special and the potential Batwoman series being helmed by Caroline Dries that could air in 2019.
The Orange Is The New Black actress, who is herself attracted to women, expressed elation Tuesday at her casting as a gay Batwoman.More news: Karan Johar To Ascend ‘Throne’
Variety reports that Ruby Rose has been brought on board to play Kate Kane, Bruce Wayne's cousin who becomes a part of the Bat family and is trusted by Batman to look after Gotham when he has League business.
Visiting The Tonight Show on Wednesday, Rose said that she learned about landing the superhero role shortly before hitting the red carpet earlier this week for the megashark movie The Meg.More news: Pochettino unfazed by Spurs’ quiet transfer window
"I feel like the reason I get so emotional, growing up watching TV, I never saw somebody on TV that I could identify with, let alone a superhero", Rose said through a cracking voice.
CW's Kate Kane, with Ruby Rose, will be DC's first LGBTQ character to make an on-screen debut and not be straight-washed.
The logline qualifies: 'But don't call her a hero yet. From there she had roles in films like "XXX" Return of Xander Cage" and "John Wick: "Chapter 2". "In a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham's symbol of hope".More news: Female heart attack patients fare better if treated by a woman
- Honda ends Civic Type R challenge with five records
- Manchester United approach snubbed by Atletico Madrid star Diego Godin
- European Tour Sends Wrong Tommy Fleetwood British Open Prize Money
- Tony Pulis wishes Adama Traore luck at Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Agent of Arsenal striker Lucas Perez: West Ham a great option
- Paul Scholes slams former club amid Liverpool and Man City spending
- Manchester United target Yerry Mina undergoes Everton medical in Barcelona
- Spreaker Removes Alex Jones Podcasts
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse adds more series veterans
- Georgia accuses Russian Federation of military buildup as Moscow warns of 'terrible conflict'