Manchester City won the league 19 points ahead of their bitter rivals United last term but Mourinho feels like it was a great success when he takes into account some of the criticism he faced. Certainly, Jose Mourinho has got his excuses in early.
We last kicked off with a home defeat in 2014, when a Gylfi Sigurdsson-inspired Swansea City beat United in Louis van Gaal's first game as manager.
It's certainly an exciting and tone-setting opening fixture for both the Red Devils and the Foxes.
Paul Scholes slams former club amid Liverpool and Man City spending
Arsenal have been doing really well in pre-season, Manchester United are always going to be strong.
Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, Ashley Young and Marouane Fellaini were all given extended breaks after their countries reached the last four of the tournament and are uncertain to be fit enough to be involved.More news: Parenting in the age of Alexa and her ilk
Alexis Sanchez admits he was hoping for "more world-class players" to arrive at Manchester United as Jose Mourinho faces up to a frustrating deadline day.
Yerry Mina is considered a fall-back option, and while sources say United believe they can negotiate a fair price with Barcelona for the 23-year-old, who has played just six games for the Spanish side, they are refusing to pay what has been described as a "ridiculous" fee to the Colombian's advisers.
"If we don't make our team better, it will be a hard season for us". Let us know in the comments section. "Any help that can come from them, is welcome".More news: American Horror Story: Apocalypse adds more series veterans
While Mourinho may be struggling to get the players in he wants, former Everton manager Sam Allardyce has urged him to focus on his outgoings.
The Brazil worldwide was snapped up in a £52.5 million ($70m) deal and has impressed during his pre-season outings.
"We lost Riyad Mahrez, who was a very good player for us".More news: Bashar al-Assad's wife being treated for breast cancer
- Spreaker Removes Alex Jones Podcasts
- Chelsea set to sign Real Madrid star in exchange for Courtois
- July sees rise in annual house price growth to 3.3%
- Explosion kills chief of Syrian chemical weapons plant
- Qualcomm pushes 10nm power to Snapdragon 670
- Agent of Arsenal striker Lucas Perez: West Ham a great option
- Chelsea consider last-minute bid to hijack Bernard’s Everton move
- Gates Describes Manafort Orders While Defense Hammers 'Secret Life'
- Manchester United vs Leicester
- Priyanka Chopra hid her engagement ring and this could be the reason