"Answer Update" needs to be enabled by the user, who will be prompted to turn it on after asking Alexa a question that she can not answer immediately.
This is an optional feature that is not enabled by default. Usually, when Alexa doesn't know the answer to a question, it replies with statements such as "I don't know, but I am always learning". I was able to opt in to the feature with an Amazon Echo Spot here at the office by asking Alexa to "turn on Answer Update". To enable it, say "Alexa, enable answer updates".More news: Chelsea set to sign Real Madrid star in exchange for Courtois
"Once Answer Updates is turned on, each time you ask Alexa a factual/informational question and she doesn't know the answer, she will go find it and send you a notification on the Echo device when she has it", Amazon explained. As Alexa is ever improving and evolving with its environment, the feature is a reminder of Amazon's efforts at expanding the knowledge graph of the digital assistant. Hopefully, this kink will be worked out in the coming weeks, as Amazon continues testing the feature.More news: Aussie teen De Minaur faces Zverev in Washington Open final
- Warner Bros. Reportedly Interested In James Gunn After Disney Firing
- Ben Stokes trial shown CCTV footage of 'melee outside nightclub'
- Congo's health ministry confirms 3 more cases of Ebola
- Qualcomm pushes 10nm power to Snapdragon 670
- Elliott holds off Truex at Watkins Glen
- James Corden reveals how Kanye West cost 'The Late Late Show' $45,000
- NYC reins in Uber with cap on ride-hail vehicles
- Rare fire tornado caught on film during United Kingdom industrial blaze
- Blizzard confirms "multiple Diablo projects" in production, news by end of 2018
- U.K. to ask Russia to extradite nerve agent attack suspects