T-Mobile introduced a less expensive version of its unlimited plan, offering four lines of no-frills service for $120.
For starters, the advertised $30 rate is only good for a family of four (or more) with autopay enabled (pricing starts at $60 for a single line and scales down as more lines are added).More news: Agent of Arsenal striker Lucas Perez: West Ham a great option
T-Mobile said the plan offers unlimited talk, text and smartphone data. "During times and places with heavy network demand, Essentials customers may notice slower speeds than other customers", T-Mobile warned in a statement. If you decide to skip autopay, you'll have to pony up $5 more per month. Lines three through to six are $15 per month each.
T-Mobile Essentials will be available starting August 10. Essentials doesn't include things like a free Netflix plan or the ability to use data internationally. On the one plan, customers benefit from LTE speeds when roaming, a Netflix subscription and an allowance for in-flight data. For $10 more, users get 1080p video and 10 GB of hotspot data before dropping to 3G. T-Mobile said that its One Plus plan includes HD streaming, twice the data speed overseas, and other perks, like in-flight texting and unlimited music streaming. You'll need to get a credit approval to sign up. Well have to wait until T-Mobile releases its terms and conditions for the new plan to see exactly which of the T-Mobile perks it will or will not include. But does it make sense for a current T-Mobile subscriber? The Un-carrier wants to make it easy. If you add a 2nd line, that'll be an extra $30/mo.More news: Manchester United target Yerry Mina undergoes Everton medical in Barcelona
What do you think about this new offering from T-Mobile?
T-Mobile has always been transparent, and this move is a step backwards for the carriers entire UnCarrier movement, the last of which was UnCarrier "Next": which included the movement to eliminate taxes and fees. Wireless companies (including T-Mobile, which was contacted for this article) don't provide any guidance on average taxes, given the vast difference in how the taxes and fees are calculated and applied in different states.More news: Indonesia's Lombok hit by another strong quake
- Dubai tourist runs up $65,000 in speeding fines driving supercar
- Female heart attack patients fare better if treated by a woman
- The Academy introduces new Oscar category and statue: Outstanding Popular Film
- Saudi air defense intercepts, destroys Houthi missile launched at Jizan
- Fortnite for Android launches August 9, but there's a catch
- Thibaut Courtois deleted his farewell message to Chelsea fans within 30 minutes
- Bashar al-Assad's wife being treated for breast cancer
- Priyanka Chopra hid her engagement ring and this could be the reason
- Paul Scholes slams former club amid Liverpool and Man City spending
- Tony Pulis wishes Adama Traore luck at Wolverhampton Wanderers