Now, Grealish - who was "disillusioned" at being told to stay at Villa according to Sky Sports - has taken to Twitter to send a message to fans after the closure of the summer transfer window, telling them it's time to get to work with Villa, showing that his focus is exclusively on his boyhood club despite having the chance to play for a Champions League club.
Despite no new arrivals for the first season at their brand new stadium, Pochettino feels they can still go on to do great things this term. If we are happy with our squad and can not improve our squad, sometimes it's better to keep our squad together. The club made a massive effort to try to extend contracts with people like Harry Kane.
"The club is doing an incredible effort to try to finish the stadium as soon as possible, and the lodge finished at the training ground". It's a massive effort from the club.More news: Ben Schwartz to voice Sonic the Hedgehog in Paramount’s movie
'We didn't sell players and with 25 players in the squad it is hard to add players.
"We have a very good squad, with very good players and it is very hard to add players to that", Pochettino said.
"We believe a lot in our players and there's no point now to say 'why not repeat a similar season like previous year or the season before, and with more experience?' I am sure we are going to be better, no doubt about that".More news: Peter Dutton 'lucky to escape' deadly Lombok natural disaster
"It's not about adding because it's fashionable to sign players". Deals for players like Danny Rose, Toby Alderweireld and Mousa Dembélé are yet to materialise however and Pochettino said he expected the players who remained at the club following the close of the window to knuckle down.
The Tottenham manager says he wants to make clear that all of his players are 'fit - but that being match fit to play without an increased risk of injury is another matter. He played a key part in Bruce's side as they finished fourth, before losing to Fulham in the play-off final.
The Fiver: sign up and get our daily football email. "I need their commitment, 25 players will full commitment but not only [for] one week, two weeks, one month".More news: Arsenal chief Burgess: No pushback from players over Emery's new training methods
"I am so happy in the way they came back", said the Argentinian. Health is drama, war is drama.
- Packers writer proposes that Green Bay offer a trade for Khalil Mack
- Rick Gates, testifying in Manafort trial, admits to affair, London apartment
- Roku's earnings dwarfed by it giving users even more free content
- Fahrenheit 11/9 Trailer: Michael Moore Explores America Under Trump
- Mobile Essentials Is a New Unlimited Plan for $60 a Month
- Third Strong Earthquake Shakes Indonesia As Death Toll Tops 300
- Patriotic tunes but no bed-lam for Ikea's Indian debut
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for London
- India vs England 2nd Test Day 1 live updates
- The Oscars will introduce a new category for "achievement in popular film"