Under proposals presented to Gianni Infantino, the Federation Internationale de Football Association president, by an internal task force, the transfer window would close the day before the start of the domestic season in each member country.
"If we don't make our team better it will be a hard season for us".
Liverpool beat City three times last season - twice in the two-legged Champions League quarterfinal, and their moves in the transfer market should make them serious contenders. West Ham is not one of them.More news: Hamas: we won't accept 'handouts' in place of long-term deal
Manchester United lost 1-0 to Chelsea FC in the FA Cup final at Wembley last season.
Leicester manager Claude Puel speaking to Sky Sports News on United's interest in Maguire: "For me it's good for Leicester to keep a valuable player, and it's important to show good ambition for the next season". "Nobody is consistent with 11 players". It was impossible. At the time we made enquiries, but you need to have a big economic back-up.
"That game against Chelsea - although it's only a Community Shield - just reiterates the competition they have for places".More news: American Horror Story: Apocalypse adds more series veterans
Unai Emery has enjoyed the luxury of having most of his squad available for pre-season with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Mesut Ozil and Alexandre Lacazette forming a fearsome front four.
Chelsea also have a new boss but are already playing catch-up with Maurizio Sarri only appointed a month before the start of the campaign.
Meanwhile, the future of Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois is keeping dialogue open between the clubs, as he looks set for a €35 million (£31m/$41m) move to Real Madrid.More news: U.K. to ask Russia to extradite nerve agent attack suspects
- ‘Superman’ Actress Margot Kidder’s Cause of Death Released
- Chelsea Complete Signing of Kepa Arrizabalaga for World Record Goalkeeping Fee
- India vs England: Arjun Tendulkar bowls to Virat Kohli at Lord’s
- Israel rejects European Union plan to link Gaza and West Bank
- Perseids 2018: Where and how to watch the dazzling meteor shower
- Chelsea set to sign Real Madrid star in exchange for Courtois
- James Corden reveals how Kanye West cost 'The Late Late Show' $45,000
- Spreaker Removes Alex Jones Podcasts
- Explosion kills chief of Syrian chemical weapons plant
- Rare fire tornado caught on film during United Kingdom industrial blaze