This morning, Crazy Rich Asians hit Rotten Tomatoes and already has a 100% fresh score off 17 reviews.
She graced the elegant event in a yellow classic modern Filipiniana by young Filipino designer Michael Leyva. In a video clip Aquino posted on Instagram today, August 8, she can be seen with Bimby walking towards a crowd of fans subdued by a barricade, who all welcomed her with screams and flashing camera phones.
If you have ever seen a rom-com, you will figure out where this is going, and "Crazy Rich Asians" happily goes there, full of all the best staples of the genre: a sassy best friend (the hilarious Awkwafina, stealing the movie with her delivery of "Daaaamn, Rachel"), an insanely over-the-top wedding scene (involving a water aisle, for heaven's sake), and loads of moments in which someone has a crisis while wearing a fabulous outfit.More news: Mauricio Pochettino backs Tottenham to improve despite lack of signings
"This was the reason we made the effort to be here....it is my honor to proudly represent the Philippines", wrote Aquino having been deeply moved by the Filipino crowd.
The gowns were made by designers Francis Libiran and Michael Leyva respectively, with two of the gowns in a blush pink hue. She paired the look with hand-crafted custom Lorraine Schwartz jewelry. Note that Crazy Rich Asians estimated screen average last night of $1,3K equals that of Hotel Transylvania 3's June 29 Amazon/Atom Tickets matinee sneak, even though that played at 1,000 theaters making $1.3M.
Wu, who plays Rachel Chu, the film's heroine, arrived to the premiere clad in a sparkling, embellished silver Ralph & Russo couture gown with an off-the-shoulder neckline and fringed sleeves.More news: Rick Gates, testifying in Manafort trial, admits to affair, London apartment
The romantic comedy about an Asian-American New Yorker who goes to Singapore to meet her boyfriend's wealthy and tradition-bound family of Chinese descent is based on the 2013 best-selling book of the same name by Kevin Kwan.
The cast and crew of Crazy Rich Asians all looked so good during the premiere and now we can't wait to watch the film when it opens in Manila on August 22.More news: Roku's earnings dwarfed by it giving users even more free content
- Packers writer proposes that Green Bay offer a trade for Khalil Mack
- Third Strong Earthquake Shakes Indonesia As Death Toll Tops 300
- New Barcelona signing Arturo Vidal discusses Paul Pogba deal
- The Oscars will introduce a new category for "achievement in popular film"
- Patriotic tunes but no bed-lam for Ikea's Indian debut
- Meteor shower in the Netherlands
- DWTNCS 16 results: Greg Hardy knocks out Tebaris Gordon in 17-seconds
- West Virginia Offers Mobile Voting for Troops Abroad This November
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for London
- HBO Hard Knocks With The Cleveland Browns Premieres Tonight: Final Trailer