The Ezzeddin al-Qassam Brigades, Hamas's armed wing, has identified the two slain Palestinians as Abdul-Hafith Silawi and Ahmed Murjan, both 23, from the Jabalia refugee camp.
Meanwhile, the Israeli occupation army said that it shelled a Hamas post in response to firing from the Palestinian enclave that targeted Israeli troops.
A relative of a Palestinian Hamas who was killed in Israeli tank shelling, reacts at a hospital in the northern Gaza Strip.
"Targeting Abu-Hussein and Murtaja was a clear example of the flagrant Israeli violations against Palestinian journalists", the report said.More news: HBO Hard Knocks With The Cleveland Browns Premieres Tonight: Final Trailer
The military said the tank responded to shots fired at soldiers from the post.
"The resistance can not allow the occupation to impose a policy of bombing sites and targeting fighters without paying the price", a Hamas statement said.
"Our Resistance will never accept that Israel hits our positions and our men with impunity", said Fawzi Barhoum, a Hamas leader.
Since Palestinian protests and clashes along the Gaza border erupted at the end of March, at least 160 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli fire.More news: Tribune backs out of Sinclair merger
The report noted that the Israeli violations against Palestinian information freedoms increased sharply compared to the same period past year which witnessed 127 violations.
The deaths of two of its fighters could trigger an escalation between Hamas and Israel.
The incident took place as Egypt was working to broker a cease-fire deal between Hamas and Israel.More news: Fortnite for Android launches August 9, but there's a catch
- Roku's earnings dwarfed by it giving users even more free content
- Mauricio Pochettino backs Tottenham to improve despite lack of signings
- Ben Schwartz to voice Sonic the Hedgehog in Paramount’s movie
- Drunk driver tells police she is a ‘thoroughbred white girl’
- New Barcelona signing Arturo Vidal discusses Paul Pogba deal
- Mobile Essentials Is a New Unlimited Plan for $60 a Month
- Meteor shower in the Netherlands
- Ruby Rose wants Batwoman to be someone kids can look up to
- Rick Gates, testifying in Manafort trial, admits to affair, London apartment
- The Oscars will introduce a new category for "achievement in popular film"