It's a trite football saying that you're never more vulnerable than when you've gone 1-0 up but for England sustaining a lead has been exasperating even though being forced to fight back has made for thrilling series. The story of the second innings was more or less the same as Kohli top-scored with 51 runs in 93 balls.
"When the wicket wears off, the spinners can come into play as well", Kohli said.
By the looks of it, out-of-form Shikhar Dhawan would have to sit out.
In order to win the second Test, the batsmen - Ajinkya Rahane, Hardik Pandya, Vijay, Dinesh Karthik - need to click in unison because the bowlers are doing their job handsomely. India will also be anxious about Ajinkya Rahane's mode of dismissals in the first Test, so if he can provide Kohli some support, things can very well change. Umesh Yadav was also impactful. Jasprit Bumrah, who fractured his hand during T20I vs Ireland, has not recovered fully and is not available for selection.More news: Fortnite for Android launches August 9, but there's a catch
Despite that the team management could make a few changes, bringing in a second spinner to add more firepower, depending on the nature of the wicket at Lord's.
Malan was replaced by 20-year-old Ollie Pope, who is set to make his debut.
For England, they will be missing the services of all-rounder Ben Stokes, which would hurt them as he was among the wickets in the second innings at Edgbaston.
England would also like to see an improved batting performance.More news: Tony Pulis wishes Adama Traore luck at Wolverhampton Wanderers
A prolonged heatwave in England could prompt the tourists to go with an additional spinner on a dry pitch when the second match of the series gets under way on Thursday. Just one of England's last 28 Test matches to have been played on home soil has ended in a draw (W18, L9); Joe Root's men have claimed victory in six of their last eight in England (L2).
The Indian batsmen, who succumbed to England's probing pace and swing, will look to answer their batting woes in the second match.More news: Mobile Essentials Is a New Unlimited Plan for $60 a Month
- Fahrenheit 11/9 Trailer: Michael Moore Explores America Under Trump
- Limited Edition PlayStation 4 Pro with Translucent Body Is Coming To Malaysia
- Rick Gates, testifying in Manafort trial, admits to affair, London apartment
- Peter Dutton 'lucky to escape' deadly Lombok natural disaster
- Patriotic tunes but no bed-lam for Ikea's Indian debut
- European Tour Sends Wrong Tommy Fleetwood British Open Prize Money
- Roku's earnings dwarfed by it giving users even more free content
- West Virginia Offers Mobile Voting for Troops Abroad This November
- Saudi air defense intercepts, destroys Houthi missile launched at Jizan
- Manchester United target Yerry Mina undergoes Everton medical in Barcelona