On Friday, the former NSYNC bassist tweeted that he was overjoyed when he thought that his offer had been accepted on the original Brady Bunch house, made famous by the hit '70s show. This isn't some kind of reboot, that's already been done.
Bosses at US lifestyle channel HGTV have emerged as the buyers of TV's Brady Bunch home.
"I'm a little bummed that you out bid me (seriously) as I really wanted that house, but I'm very excited you're taking on this project". The asking price was almost $2 million but no word on how much Bass bid or how much the competing buyer is willing to pay.
Perhaps as a consolation prize to Bass' torn heart, he'll get a dinner invite at the house akin to the one he bestowed on Marcia Brady herself-erm, Maureen McCormick.More news: Blizzard confirms "multiple Diablo projects" in production, news by end of 2018
"This iconic residence is reportedly the second most photographed home in the United States after the White House", the description read on selling agent Ernie Carswell's website.
Even Bass himself seemed thrilled by the news.
But he also tweeted, "HGTV??!"
"The same agent informed us that there's another corporate buyer (Hollywood studio) who wants the house at any cost", he wrote on Facebook.More news: Gates Describes Manafort Orders While Defense Hammers 'Secret Life'
"How is this fair and legal?"
Bass, who says his offer was already "way over the asking price", was "heartbroken" over the unexpected development.
LOS ANGELES HGTV is the winning bidder for the Brady Bunch house in Studio City, beating out a small crowd of buyers that included N Sync singer Lance Bass. "We'll bring all the resources to bear to tell safe, fun stories with this beloved piece of American TV history".
The home, featured on the fan-favorite series from 1969 to 1974, offers a two-bedroom, three-bathroom setup with over 2,500 feet of living space as well as a 12,500-square-foot lot. "I'm hurt and saddened by this highly questionable outcome", he added.More news: Breast-Feeding Tips For New Moms..
- Perseids 2018: Where and how to watch the dazzling meteor shower
- Rare fire tornado caught on film during United Kingdom industrial blaze
- Chelsea Complete Signing of Kepa Arrizabalaga for World Record Goalkeeping Fee
- Man City fullback Kyle Walker: The manager wants to go for everything
- Armeena Khan calls out former London mayor over offensive burqa comments
- Parenting in the age of Alexa and her ilk
- Aussie teen De Minaur faces Zverev in Washington Open final
- The Final Suspect in XXXTentacion’s Murder Has Been Arrested
- Hamas: we won't accept 'handouts' in place of long-term deal
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ Devs Aim to "Fix PUBG" Over Three-Month Roadmap