On Friday, the former NSYNC bassist tweeted that he was overjoyed when he thought that his offer had been accepted on the original Brady Bunch house, made famous by the hit '70s show. This isn't some kind of reboot, that's already been done.
Bosses at US lifestyle channel HGTV have emerged as the buyers of TV's Brady Bunch home.
"I'm a little bummed that you out bid me (seriously) as I really wanted that house, but I'm very excited you're taking on this project". The asking price was almost $2 million but no word on how much Bass bid or how much the competing buyer is willing to pay.
Perhaps as a consolation prize to Bass' torn heart, he'll get a dinner invite at the house akin to the one he bestowed on Marcia Brady herself-erm, Maureen McCormick.More news: ‘Superman’ Actress Margot Kidder’s Cause of Death Released
"This iconic residence is reportedly the second most photographed home in the United States after the White House", the description read on selling agent Ernie Carswell's website.
Even Bass himself seemed thrilled by the news.
But he also tweeted, "HGTV??!"
"The same agent informed us that there's another corporate buyer (Hollywood studio) who wants the house at any cost", he wrote on Facebook.More news: Israel rejects European Union plan to link Gaza and West Bank
"How is this fair and legal?"
Bass, who says his offer was already "way over the asking price", was "heartbroken" over the unexpected development.
LOS ANGELES HGTV is the winning bidder for the Brady Bunch house in Studio City, beating out a small crowd of buyers that included N Sync singer Lance Bass. "We'll bring all the resources to bear to tell safe, fun stories with this beloved piece of American TV history".
The home, featured on the fan-favorite series from 1969 to 1974, offers a two-bedroom, three-bathroom setup with over 2,500 feet of living space as well as a 12,500-square-foot lot. "I'm hurt and saddened by this highly questionable outcome", he added.More news: American Horror Story: Apocalypse adds more series veterans
- Statement from NCAA leaders on college basketball reforms
- Xiaomi Mi A2 Pre-Order Sale Today via Amazon.in, Mi.com
- Spreaker Removes Alex Jones Podcasts
- The Final Suspect in XXXTentacion’s Murder Has Been Arrested
- Chelsea set to sign Real Madrid star in exchange for Courtois
- Hamas: we won't accept 'handouts' in place of long-term deal
- U.K. to ask Russia to extradite nerve agent attack suspects
- Blizzard confirms "multiple Diablo projects" in production, news by end of 2018
- Qualcomm pushes 10nm power to Snapdragon 670
- Explosion kills chief of Syrian chemical weapons plant