A scene later in the episode shows how Jackson is determined to stay focused on work even as word gets out around the team.
Jackson: "We're going to see if we can get him in the best condition we can". Keep going. Oh gosh come on. How can you watch Hard Knocks Episode 1 online? Landry's speech in which he tore into the receivers for not producing in practice is why this franchise has any hope of a resurrection. After GM John Dorsey stops by his office to ask how he's doing, Jackson, sitting in a meeting with other coaches, informs the room of his loss.More news: Manchester United Star Lands Huge Blow On Jose Mourinho
"I don't know what the [expletive] has been going on here", Landry said to his teammates, "and I don't know why it's been going on". But this. if you're not hurt, like if your hamstring isn't falling off the f-- bone, your leg ain't broke, I don't know, like, you should be f-- practicing. Straight up. Like that [expletive] is weakness, and that [expletive] is contagious as [expletive], and that [expletive] ain't going to be in this room, bro. You can't get no better by being on the f--ing sideline if you ain't f--ing hurt. That s-- been here in the past, and that's why the past has been like it is, bro.
The message he delivered, Deadspin says, "is a pretty simple one: If you aren't injured, you should be practicing". That s-- is in the past, and that's why the past has been like it is, bro. You saw Landry's fire. All that "me" [expletive] don't [expletive] live here no more. This is easily the most time HBO's crew will have to pour into a single episode, so stories like these could be a little more in-depth than what we'll see as the show progresses.
- Rookie quarterback Brogan Roback didn't stock the RV fridge the way veteran Drew Stanton prefered it and Stanton let him know it. Roback's cameo was pretty strong. That's got to be the [expletive] attitude and the mentality all the [expletive] time.More news: Honda ends Civic Type R challenge with five records
- Offensive coordinator Todd Haley and running backs coach Freddie Kitchens debated the merits of giving players days off during camp with Hue Jackson. I'm just letting y'all f--ing know, that s-- is not f--ing happening here.
Mayfield will play two quarters vs. the Giants, at least.More news: Karan Johar To Ascend ‘Throne’
- The Academy introduces new Oscar category and statue: Outstanding Popular Film
- Chelsea consider last-minute bid to hijack Bernard’s Everton move
- Indonesia's Lombok hit by another strong quake
- Mobile Essentials Is a New Unlimited Plan for $60 a Month
- Peter Dutton 'lucky to escape' deadly Lombok natural disaster
- Manchester United approach snubbed by Atletico Madrid star Diego Godin
- Dubai tourist runs up $65,000 in speeding fines driving supercar
- Argentina Senate votes against legalizing abortion
- Ruby Rose wants Batwoman to be someone kids can look up to
- Saudi air defense intercepts, destroys Houthi missile launched at Jizan