Having grown up sharing a name with my dad, I can confirm that; I once dropped off a hardware store check at the bank only to realize that rather than depositing it into my checking account, the kindly old teller had instead somehow re-opened a years-old child's account in my brother's name that had my dad's name on it as a signatory.
Fleetwood was tied for twelfth at The Open after he shot -3 for the tournament, Francesco Molinari was the overall victor on -8, and on the eve of the PGA Championship, it appears that Fleetwood has finally checked his bank account to see if his winnings from The Open were lodged.
"My friend Tommy is a good guy and would always pay it back, even though he could do with the money as he broke his driver the other day and struggling to buy a new one".More news: Official death toll still 131 in Indonesia quake
But it was not paid to the Tommy Fleetwood who played in the championship and finished equal 12th at Carnoustie.
Before all the people out there with names like Justin Thomas or Dustin Johnson start to fantasize what they would do if a similar error was made to their benefit, it is very much worth noting that the error seems to have happened because the other Fleetwood participated in some European Tour events a while ago and is now a golf pro in Florida, according to The Guardian.
"At least, he can always say he won $150,000 at the Open".
"I honestly didn't know anything about it", the Fleetwood who had actually competed at The Open told The Guardian.More news: Saudi air defense intercepts, destroys Houthi missile launched at Jizan
Meanwhile, there are two Zach Johnsons playing at the 100th USPGA. That 3-under finish earned him a $154,500 prize, but something clearly went wrong with the delivery.
His wife and manager, Clare Fleetwood, has received an apology from the European Tour and is trying to establish if the funds have been transfered to the proper account.
Fleetwood, who begins his PGA Championship bid at Bellerive on Thursday, said: "It looks pretty genuine".More news: Karan Johar To Ascend ‘Throne’
- Bashar al-Assad's wife being treated for breast cancer
- Paul Scholes slams former club amid Liverpool and Man City spending
- Iconic 'Brady Bunch' house purchased by HGTV
- Armeena Khan calls out former London mayor over offensive burqa comments
- Georgia accuses Russian Federation of military buildup as Moscow warns of 'terrible conflict'
- Tony Pulis wishes Adama Traore luck at Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Manchester United Star Lands Huge Blow On Jose Mourinho
- Dubai tourist runs up $65,000 in speeding fines driving supercar
- Manchester United target Yerry Mina undergoes Everton medical in Barcelona
- Agent of Arsenal striker Lucas Perez: West Ham a great option