In July 2014, Hardy was found to be guilty of assaulting his former girlfriend and was subsequently suspended by the National Football League for ten games and sentenced to 18 months of probation.
Former NFL player and rising UFC fighter Greg Hardy took just 17 seconds to knockout his opponent Tebaris Gordon at Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series 16. Hardy needed just 17 seconds to overpower Gordon and have the fight stopped. "Honestly I wanted to send a message today and the message is whenever you want it". The knockout was reminiscent of what Travis Browne did to Josh Barnett and Gabriel Gonzaga with those same elbow strikes in a pair of heavyweight fights.More news: Limited Edition PlayStation 4 Pro with Translucent Body Is Coming To Malaysia
Gordon eventually collapsed to the mat, and Hardy finished the job with some vicious ground-and-pound.
Despite his past, UFC president Dana White has insisted that Hardy deserved a second chance at turning his life around and gave him a shot on Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series.
After an entertaining back and forth early on, it would end up being Gilpin who found the D'Arce choke submission for the victory in the second round.More news: Indonesia's Lombok hit by another strong quake
The first two fights both ended in the exact same matter with dominant finishes from each of the fighters looking to impress the UFC matchmakers.
Already a top prospect, Moffett continued to show why as he used his superior wrestling and grappling to dominate Kilburn on route to a second-round victory that also came via D'Arce choke.
"We have nothing but time", White said when asked how soon Hardy could make his UFC debut.More news: Packers writer proposes that Green Bay offer a trade for Khalil Mack
White has maintained that he wants to see Hardy in more fights before putting him on the big stage.
- Paul Scholes slams former club amid Liverpool and Man City spending
- Arsenal chief Burgess: No pushback from players over Emery's new training methods
- Patriotic tunes but no bed-lam for Ikea's Indian debut
- Fortnite for Android launches August 9, but there's a catch
- Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish 'not for sale at any price'
- Honda ends Civic Type R challenge with five records
- Mobile Essentials Is a New Unlimited Plan for $60 a Month
- Manchester United approach snubbed by Atletico Madrid star Diego Godin
- Manchester United target Yerry Mina undergoes Everton medical in Barcelona
- Ruby Rose wants Batwoman to be someone kids can look up to