"We shouldn't do so for sure, it's his fault and he should pay that amount", they added.
Early morning on July 31, he was caught speeding in the auto by all the radars on Sheikh Zayed Road from 2.30am-6am.
In total, the driver's speeding antics have accumulated fines of Dh70,000, or just under £15,000.More news: July sees rise in annual house price growth to 3.3%
Mohammad Ebrahim, the owner of the dealership, stated the tourist rented the Lamborghini for DH6,000 ($1,633) per day for three days. The problem now is who should pay for the fine.
Dubai Police records revealed he sped between 126km/h and 230km/h, constantly setting off radars as he drove.
"Also, the tourist could travel back to his home country before the case is resolved".More news: Explosion kills chief of Syrian chemical weapons plant
Mohammed Ibrahim, the owner of the vehicle rental company from which the Lamborghini was rented, said there are no clear procedures in place to protect a business owner in such extreme circumstances.
The British national handed over $2200 to the dealership, as well as his passport as a deposit for the supercar rental, so it could be virtually impossible for him to leave the UAE without payment.
"It's still with the tourist, parked at his hotel".
Speaking to BBC, Faris Mohammed Iqbal, a partner at the dealership has said that though the vehicle is still parked at the tourist's hotel, they won't be able to retrieve it once it is officially impounded due to the high fines. As the National notes, the traffic fines acquired by expatriates are linked with departure counters at airports across the country to stop them from leaving. "Who pays the money for the impound?"More news: Manchester United Star Lands Huge Blow On Jose Mourinho
"It's been here for nearly a week and people have been asking about it", a valet at the luxury Five hotel on Dubai's Palm Jumeirah island said on Tuesday.
- ‘Superman’ Actress Margot Kidder’s Cause of Death Released
- Gates Describes Manafort Orders While Defense Hammers 'Secret Life'
- Female heart attack patients fare better if treated by a woman
- The Academy introduces new Oscar category and statue: Outstanding Popular Film
- Agent of Arsenal striker Lucas Perez: West Ham a great option
- India vs England: Arjun Tendulkar bowls to Virat Kohli at Lord’s
- The Final Suspect in XXXTentacion’s Murder Has Been Arrested
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse adds more series veterans
- Hamas: we won't accept 'handouts' in place of long-term deal
- Spreaker Removes Alex Jones Podcasts