Dr Mwebesa, who directed all District Health Officers in the country to stay vigilant added that the Ministry of Health in DRC confirmed the outbreak of Ebola on Wednesday last week in Mangina health zone of Mabalako, territory of Beni in North Kivu, about 100 kilometres from Uganda's border post of Mpondwe in the Western district of Kasese.
The Democratic Republic of the Congo proclaimed the end of the ninth outbreak of the dreaded Ebola virus on Tuesday, July 24, during a press conference in Kinshasa.More news: Smash Bros. Ultimate Limited Edition for Nintendo Switch Announced
As of Monday Congo's Health Ministry said there were 43 suspected cases, with 16 confirmed, including four deaths. Barthe Ndjoloko, who oversees the health ministry's Ebola response, tells Reuters that health workers and individuals who have come in contact with people infected with Ebola will be vaccinated.
Jasarevic says the World Health Organization and partners are working non-stop to contain and stop this latest outbreak of Ebola as quickly as possible.
Officials in the African nation have confirmed three deaths so far but believe the virus - considered one of the most lethal pathogens in existence - is responsible for scores more.More news: Google’s Pixel 3 XL could come with Pixel Bud-style headphones
Health experts in the city closest to the new outbreak, Beni, have been setting up "cold chains" to keep the vaccines at the optimal temperature of minus 70 degrees Celsius, a challenge in a region with hot temperatures and unreliable power supplies.
The central African country has dealt with Ebola for decades and this is its tenth outbreak of the virus. There also is frequent cross-border trade with Uganda, which could complicate containment of the disease.
North Kivu province now hosts more than 1 million displaced people and sees major cross-border movement due to trade with Rwanda and Uganda. It will be even harder to reach the target population this time, because this outbreak took place in a region where active civil conflicts have displaced over 1 million civilians.More news: James Anderson's golf swing goes horribly wrong
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham Hotspur's Academy after successful USA tour
- Spider-Man: Far From Home casting reveals Infinity War clues
- Putin recognized that it is forbidden in Ukraine Steven Seagal to promote
- Matthew Perry Is Recovering from Surgery to fix a Gastrointestinal Perforation
- West Nile Found In Wyoming Mosquito Test
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Cheaper 4TB SSDs
- Crude Oil Settles Higher On Supply Worries
- Rand Paul says he delivered Trump letter to Putin
- Spanish fighter jet accidentally fires missile In Estonia
- Oscars Adding Popular Film Category