The club announced the £71.6m signing of Kepa from Athletic Bilbao just hours after confirming the departure of Thibaut Courtois to Real Madrid and loan arrival of midfielder Mateo Kovacic in the opposite direction.
The keeper had moved into the last twelve months of his contract and Chelsea would have risked losing him for nothing through him signing a pre-contract deal with a foreign club in January.
Personal terms will now be discussed and if true, Kepa will be in London tomorrow for a medical and so on.More news: Trump going ahead with tariffs on $16B in Chinese imports
He helped the Blues win two Premier League titles, one FA Cup and one League Cup during his time at Stamford Bridge.
"It's an accumulation of things, and I am very glad Chelsea has made a decision to trust me and to take me in as well".
At 80 million euros, Arrizabalaga will become the most expensive goalkeeper in football history, ahead of Liverpool's Alisson Becker, who moved from AS Roma for 75 million euros earlier in the transfer window.
"The aforementioned certification states that the player has expressed his willingness to unilaterally close and terminate the relationship between them since the 2004/05 season and that the amount of compensation established in the contract has been deposited".More news: The Final Suspect in XXXTentacion’s Murder Has Been Arrested
"Athletic thanks the player for his contribution during the time he has remained in our club".
Though Hazard's mooted move to Madrid may not materialise, club and worldwide colleague Thibaut Courtois does appear bound for the Spanish capital.
Navas has helped Madrid to three successive European crowns but the Costa Rica international's future is in doubt after the Spanish giants agreed a deal with Chelsea for Courtois.More news: Statement from NCAA leaders on college basketball reforms
- Man City fullback Kyle Walker: The manager wants to go for everything
- Aussie teen De Minaur faces Zverev in Washington Open final
- Rare fire tornado caught on film during United Kingdom industrial blaze
- James Corden reveals how Kanye West cost 'The Late Late Show' $45,000
- Congo's health ministry confirms 3 more cases of Ebola
- Matthew Perry Is Recovering from Surgery to fix a Gastrointestinal Perforation
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ Devs Aim to "Fix PUBG" Over Three-Month Roadmap
- Qualcomm pushes 10nm power to Snapdragon 670
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Paying Millions In Child Support
- NASA to launch first-ever solar mission to ‘touch the sun’