Everton were tentatively linked with the diminutive playmaker earlier in the close season, but are now set to bring him to Merseyside.More news: Georgia accuses Russian Federation of military buildup as Moscow warns of 'terrible conflict'
Blues duo Marco Silva and Marcel Brands are hard at work trying to lure other targets - notably a new centre-back - to Goodison Park before Thursday's 11pm transfer deadline.More news: The Final Suspect in XXXTentacion’s Murder Has Been Arrested
The Brazil worldwide was thought to be a target for Atlético Madrid, Chelsea and Inter, however it seems as if the Toffees could be about to get him. Although a Brazilian global, Bernard hasn't featured for the national team since the 7 - 1 World Cup semi-final humiliation at the hands of Germany.
Bernard enjoyed a stellar five-year stint with Shakhtar Donetsk, during which he was one of their key players.More news: Chelsea set to sign Real Madrid star in exchange for Courtois
Everton have already signed Richarlison from Everton this summer, and Bernard will have to compete with him, as well as Theo Walcott and Gylfi Sigurdsson for a place in the starting line up.
- Hamas: we won't accept 'handouts' in place of long-term deal
- Qualcomm pushes 10nm power to Snapdragon 670
- Breast-Feeding Tips For New Moms..
- Armeena Khan calls out former London mayor over offensive burqa comments
- July sees rise in annual house price growth to 3.3%
- Chelsea Complete Signing of Kepa Arrizabalaga for World Record Goalkeeping Fee
- Female heart attack patients fare better if treated by a woman
- U.K. to ask Russia to extradite nerve agent attack suspects
- Manchester United vs Leicester
- Explosion kills chief of Syrian chemical weapons plant