Everton were tentatively linked with the diminutive playmaker earlier in the close season, but are now set to bring him to Merseyside.More news: July sees rise in annual house price growth to 3.3%
Blues duo Marco Silva and Marcel Brands are hard at work trying to lure other targets - notably a new centre-back - to Goodison Park before Thursday's 11pm transfer deadline.More news: Chelsea Complete Signing of Kepa Arrizabalaga for World Record Goalkeeping Fee
The Brazil worldwide was thought to be a target for Atlético Madrid, Chelsea and Inter, however it seems as if the Toffees could be about to get him. Although a Brazilian global, Bernard hasn't featured for the national team since the 7 - 1 World Cup semi-final humiliation at the hands of Germany.
Bernard enjoyed a stellar five-year stint with Shakhtar Donetsk, during which he was one of their key players.More news: Qualcomm pushes 10nm power to Snapdragon 670
Everton have already signed Richarlison from Everton this summer, and Bernard will have to compete with him, as well as Theo Walcott and Gylfi Sigurdsson for a place in the starting line up.
- U.K. to ask Russia to extradite nerve agent attack suspects
- Hamas: we won't accept 'handouts' in place of long-term deal
- The Final Suspect in XXXTentacion’s Murder Has Been Arrested
- Chelsea set to sign Real Madrid star in exchange for Courtois
- Female heart attack patients fare better if treated by a woman
- Official death toll still 131 in Indonesia quake
- Israel rejects European Union plan to link Gaza and West Bank
- Iconic 'Brady Bunch' house purchased by HGTV
- Parenting in the age of Alexa and her ilk
- Breast-Feeding Tips For New Moms..