Tottenham Hotspur's late attempt to sign Jack Grealish will come down to whether the player himself can persuade Aston Villa's new billionaire owners to let him go after the rejection of Tuesday night's £25million bid left any potential deal on the rocks.More news: Chelsea consider last-minute bid to hijack Bernard’s Everton move
The club are now set to move into their new stadium without any summer additions. At a press conference hours before the transfer deadline the Argentinian all but confirmed there would be no signings, but declared himself happy with the situation and warned his players he expects them to feel the same way too. It's a massive effort from the club.
'It is hard to understand for people in football that Tottenham did not sign or sell a player. If we can not improve it, it is better to keep it together.More news: Fortnite for Android launches August 9, but there's a catch
"(There is) no point to say we will not repeat a season like past year or the season before with more experience, with players who compete at the high level of the World Cup. We have players who have competed in the World Cup. "I am sure we are going to be better, no doubt about that".
He said: "These players were never away from our thoughts". He played a key part in Bruce's side as they finished fourth, before losing to Fulham in the play-off final.More news: Saudi air defense intercepts, destroys Houthi missile launched at Jizan
The Fiver: sign up and get our daily football email. Health is drama, war is drama.
- Ruby Rose wants Batwoman to be someone kids can look up to
- Manchester United vs Leicester
- Karan Johar To Ascend ‘Throne’
- July sees rise in annual house price growth to 3.3%
- Bashar al-Assad's wife being treated for breast cancer
- Thibaut Courtois deleted his farewell message to Chelsea fans within 30 minutes
- Manchester United target Yerry Mina undergoes Everton medical in Barcelona
- Agent of Arsenal striker Lucas Perez: West Ham a great option
- Female heart attack patients fare better if treated by a woman
- Mobile Essentials Is a New Unlimited Plan for $60 a Month