Hurricane Hector, while at Category 3 intensity will pass south of Hawaii today into early Thursday, with only some periphery effects expected in the islands. The fourth storm of the season formed around 11am today about 1,000 miles west of the Azores, but it poses little threat to anything but fish. However, tropical-storm-force winds and pounding, risky surf are possible late Tuesday and Wednesday.
The center of Hector will pass about 200 miles south of the Big Island on Wednesday, according to the latest forecast from the Central Pacific Hurricane Center in Honolulu.More news: Snapchat lost 3 million daily users in the past three months
"Very rough surf is expected to impact mostly south- and east-facing coastal areas of the Big Island", AccuWeather meteorologist Dan Kottlowski said.
Thank you for signing up for the Brightside Blend Newsletter. "If it does, it will become Typhoon Hector". It had maximum sustained winds of 65 miles per hour (100 kph) and was heading northwest at 17 miles per hour (28 kph).More news: Confidence back, Sergey Kovalev ready to be tested by Eleider Storm Alvarez
Rain: Enhanced rainfall from the deep tropical moisture around Hector will affect the Puna and Ka'u Districts of Hawaii Island, and some of those rain showers may be locally heavy at times, especially on east and southeast-facing slopes. But often, the effect is additive when hurricanes come together - we usually end up with one massive storm instead of two smaller ones. The storm shows minimal potential for intensification over the next few days as it moves further northward.
Sub-tropical Storm Debby was heading north at 15mph on Tuesday evening, with maximum force winds of 40mph, but it is expected to dissipate before the week is out.More news: Ruby Rose cast as lesbian Batwoman for CW
Meanwhile, Hurricane Hector is also swirling in the Pacific as an impressively organized Category 4 hurricane.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 features leaked; device to come with massive storage
- NY Republican Chris Collins Arrested for Fraud
- Ford reveals details of buck-a-beer plan
- ‘Cowboy Ninja Viking’ Movie Stopped In Its Tracks By Universal
- Great white shark breaches below researcher off Cape Cod
- Angelina Jolie accuses Brad Pitt of evading child support
- Manchester United reject massive offer from Bracelona for Paul Pogba
- Disney’s CEO Gives New Details About The New Disney Streaming Service
- Jordan Pickford wants Europe in Silva's first Everton season
- James Anderson's golf swing goes horribly wrong