"Engagement is vital to our national security and peace around the world", said Paul in a statement.
Shelby's delegation said it had come with the similar goal of reviving communications with Russia, but had also delivered a warning to the Russians not to interfere in the USA mid-terms this November.
Paul is also expected to meet with Russian deputy foreign minister Sergey Ryabkov and State Duma Foreign Affairs committee head Leonid Slutsky during his visit, and plans to continue speaking on Tuesday.
Eight prominent USA intelligence groups, including the CIA, FBI, NSA, Justice Department and Department of Homeland Security, independently concluded that Russian Federation did meddle in the 2016 elections.More news: ‘Cowboy Ninja Viking’ Movie Stopped In Its Tracks By Universal
The Kentucky senator is taking part in Monday meetings with members of the parliament and senior officials.
Background: A group of US lawmakers led by Sen.
In the days after the summit, Paul called the criticism partisan and overblown, saying it was too unsafe not to seek dialogue when relations were so tense. "It does not mean we don't have differences".
It was "opposition research", Trump said, not collusion.
"I think this is incredibly important", the United States lawmaker was quoted as saying in translated comments by Interfax news agency.More news: Spanish fighter jet accidentally fires missile In Estonia
Senator Rand Paul, one of President Trump's more eager defenders on Russian Federation, jetted into Moscow on Monday in a bid to increase engagement with the country. Additionally, the continued consensus of the U.S. intelligence community of a Russian desire to interfere in the midterms shows that Moscow remains a long-term risk to the USA political system. Republican Senator Lindsey Graham told reporters earlier in the week that he wanted "a sanctions bill from hell".
Kosachev said members of his committee are "ready to discuss this question in a reasoned manner" with USA counterparts.
Paul added, "your biggest issue right now there is no dialogue, issues that we can't even have discussion about because we have no dialogue".
"They use the anti-Russian campaign purely for internal American purposes, the interests of the same elections campaign they are charging us with meddling in", Kosachev said.More news: College student includes massive gator in graduation photos
- James Anderson's golf swing goes horribly wrong
- Iran sanctions: U.S. can't stop our oil exports, says minister
- Carrie Underwood confirms she’s expecting 2nd child with Mike Fisher
- Fallout 76 Won't Be On Steam, New Beta Details Revealed
- Twitter head Jack Dorsey defends decision not to ban Alex Jones, Infowars
- Saudi rules out mediation in Canada row, mulls new measures
- Hiroshima marks 73rd anniversary of atomic bombing - 8/6/2018 12:45:44 AM
- Moment man is pulled alive from rubble in quake-hit Lombok
- Smash Bros. Ultimate Limited Edition for Nintendo Switch Announced
- Oscars Adding Popular Film Category