Liverpool kick off their Premier League season against West Ham at Anfield on Sunday.
"Yes there was a big gap to Manchester City, but there was also a big gap to Man United and the rest, so I actually think Mourinho hasn't helped himself in this pre-season but I think he gets a little bit too much criticism for what he's done at United".
In the second half at Anfield midfielders Fabinho - who missed an early penalty - and Marko Grujic both filled in as Van Dijk only played 45 minutes but Klopp is not anxious ahead of Sunday's visit of West Ham.More news: Mendocino Complex Fire is now the largest fire in CA state history
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp believes that every player will be required if they are to enjoy a successful season. Wijnaldum and Salah combined to set up Firmino for a shot that deflected into the top corner off Lorenzo De Silvestri.
The performance seldom hit the emphatic heights of Saturday's 5-0 thrashing of Napoli and suffered something of a false start when new signing Fabinho swiped a penalty wide after Gleison Bremer tripped Sadio Mane.
Liverpool, however, beat City three times last season - twice in the two-legged Champions League quarter-final, and their moves in the transfer market should make them serious contenders.
Liverpool concluded their preseason with a convincing 3-1 victory over Italian side Torino on Tuesday evening.More news: Manafort's right-hand man testifies against him in tax fraud case
Klopp is still aiming to guide Liverpool FC to their first major trophy since his appointment at Anfield back in October 2015.
Some last-ditch defending prevented Liverpool from regaining their two-goal cushion on the stroke of half time, with Sirigu thwarting Wijnaldum after the midfielder had made another run beyond the Liverpool attack, and Alex Berenguer cleared Alexander-Arnold's follow-up off the line.
Alisson was making his first appearance for the Reds in Dublin following his World Cup campaign with Brazil and according to Scotland defeder Roberston, the new boy has settled in well on Merseyside.More news: Arsenal's Stan Kroenke to buy out Alisher Usmanov for sole ownership
- Here's why Elon Musk wants Tesla to go private
- Ford reveals details of buck-a-beer plan
- Hail at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado kills 2 animals
- New Jersey Woman Pays It Forward, Picks Up Keith Urban’s Wawa Tab
- PCB announces players central contracts for 2018-19
- 2018 primary election: Check back for results from statewide and local races
- Saddened by DMK patriarch Karunanidhi’s death, says PM Modi
- Angelina Jolie accuses Brad Pitt of evading child support
- Great white shark breaches below researcher off Cape Cod
- Pentagon Bars Troops from Using GPS-Tracking Devices While Deployed